Re: Active xcontrols

  • djl_mml@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2 8:04 PM
      Yes you did anwser my questions. BUt I have one more..

      Can you preload the values appearing in a dropdown list box without
      hard coding it. Another words can the pre-defined values for a
      specific field (lets say Country) come from a table on the AS/400 and
      be displayed when the HTML page is displayed for the first time ?

      Or is there another approach that can be used ?

      thanks in advance
      David

      --- In Easy400Group@y..., Chris Libby <cyberian654987@y...> wrote:
      > (1) & (2) - You can't use ActiveX controls on the
      > server-side, but you could used them on the client
      > side. I've never used client-side controls, so I
      > can't really help you there.
      >
      > (3) - I guess I don't understand the question. ASP
      > doesn't run on an iSeries (atleast not to my
      > knowledge). JSP will run on an iSeries with either
      > Websphere or the new Apache server & Tomcat. (Somehow
      > I don't quite think that's what you meant...)
      >
      > -Chris
      >

      > --- djl_mml@y... wrote:
      > > I'm interested in using the calendar, tab, and other
      > > functions of
      > > Active XControls.
      > >
      > > 1. Can Active XControls be used with the methods
      > > described in CGIDEV2
      > > samples ?
      > >
      > > 2. If so, what methods are used to send data into
      > > the Active
      > > XControls functions ? Does anyone have examples ?
      > >
      > > 3. Can you apply ASP or JSP type of web pages to the
      > > methods
      > > described in CGIDEV2 ?
      > >
      > > Thank you in advance
      > > David

      > =====
      > Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just
      $8.95/month.
      > http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
    • Chris Libby
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2 8:14 PM
        Yes, you can do this. CGIDEV2 provides a function for
        this, but the exact name eludes me at the moment. You
        could hard code the values in the program, or you
        could use an array or table, or query the values from
        a database file. All of this is done with standard
        RPG-ILE code.

        -Chris

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • Parkinson, Dwayne
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3 6:24 AM
          I've preloaded values in options by having three different sections that I
          can reference in my RPG programs. The first section is just the <select>
          tag and then as I spin through a file (valid departments in this case) and
          write out the options one by one.

          The RPG looks something like this:
          -------------------------------------
          C callp wrtsection('DeptOptionSelect')
          C *loval setll PMDPP100
          C read PMDPP100
          C dow not %eof(PMDPP100)
          C callp updHTMLvar('DeptOption':DPDPT)
          C callp wrtsection('DeptOptions')
          C read PMDPP100
          C enddo

          And the supporting HTML looks something like this:

          <AS400>DeptOptionSelect
          Choose A Department :
          <select name="Dept" size=1>

          <AS400>DeptOptions