R: [Easy400Group] Validation List User

  • Giovanni B. Perotti
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25 11:53 AM

      Mike,

      just retrieve environment variable ‘REMOTE_USER’, see page http://cgidev2.easy400.net/cgidev2o/exhibit6.htm?ts=0.7736759080738816

      Giovanni

      Da: Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com] Per conto di michael.haston@...
      Inviato: martedì 25 giugno 2013 19:23
      A: Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com
      Oggetto: [Easy400Group] Validation List User

      Previously we've been working with Intranet applications and signing people on with their system user profiles using Basic Authentication.

      We're going to try and open some applications up to the Internet down the road and just started exploring Validation Lists.  I was able to retrieve the *USER in my RPGLE programs using Basic Authentication.  How would I know who is logged in when coming by Validation List?  Do I need to get environment variables or something from the browser?

      Thanks in advance.

      Mike

      This message is for the use of the intended recipient only. It may be privileged,
      confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the
      intended recipient, please immediately delete all copies of this message and
      its attachments and contact us at service@... so we can take steps to
      avoid such transmission errors in the future. Thank you.

    • mjh_rpgiv
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 25 4:02 PM
        Henrik -

        Any insight you can give me to the framework would be very helpful! It's been a little while since I checked out PowerExt.

        Thank you and Giovanni for the replies. I'll check out getenv('REMOTE_USER') in the meantime.

        Thanks.

        Mike