Re: [Easy400Group] Validation List User

  • Henrik Rützou
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2013
      Hi Mike,

      you may want to take a look at powerEXT Framework that handles two type of users, one that is
      validated against OS security and one that is validate agains VLDL.

      Even though powerEXT in both cases runs stateless under a common OS user profile the current user
      can be retrieved by calling procedures.

      Creating security systems is not an easy thing , especially not if you have to comply to US SAS70
      auditing rules.

      Since you run CGIDEV2 and EXT JS I could show you how to do under the framework.

      On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM, <michael.haston@...> wrote:

      Previously we've been working with Intranet applications and signing people on with their system user profiles using Basic Authentication.

      We're going to try and open some applications up to the Internet down the road and just started exploring Validation Lists.  I was able to retrieve the *USER in my RPGLE programs using Basic Authentication.  How would I know who is logged in when coming by Validation List?  Do I need to get environment variables or something from the browser?

      Thanks in advance.

      Mike

      This message is for the use of the intended recipient only. It may be privileged,
      confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the
      intended recipient, please immediately delete all copies of this message and
      its attachments and contact us at service@... so we can take steps to
      avoid such transmission errors in the future. Thank you.

      --
      Regards,
      Henrik Rützou

    • Giovanni B. Perotti
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 25, 2013

        Mike,

        just retrieve environment variable ‘REMOTE_USER’, see page http://cgidev2.easy400.net/cgidev2o/exhibit6.htm?ts=0.7736759080738816

        Giovanni

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 25, 2013
          Henrik -

          Any insight you can give me to the framework would be very helpful! It's been a little while since I checked out PowerExt.

          Thank you and Giovanni for the replies. I'll check out getenv('REMOTE_USER') in the meantime.

          Thanks.

          Mike