Convert PDF To TIFF

  • mnegley@neb.rr.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2012
      Has anyone ever converted PDF Files on the IFS to TIFF Files within an RPG Program? Hoping there may be tools readily available without the need for purchase. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Mike Negley
    • Jorge Merino
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3, 2012

        What about to use ghostscript to convert from PDF to TIFF? Look at this thread:

        http://stackoverflow.com/questions/75500/best-way-to-convert-pdf-files-to-tiff-files

        This version of ghostscript 8.54 compiled for the IBMi works well, I have been using it to convert from PDF to PCL.

        http://computer-refuge.org/classiccmp/aixpdslib/pub/ghostscript/RISC/5.3/exec/

        Some instructions to convert from PDF to PCL, that is mostly to show you how you can deal with ghostscript: http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201010/msg00514.html

        Jorge Merino

        jmerinoh

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2012
          I'm not sure if this will be a good fit. This is for an application where users will be uploading PDF Documents to our system (High Volume) and behind the scenes I need to convert each to a TIFF File Format. Any other suggestions?

          Thanks,

          Mike Negley

        • michael.haston@mmbb.org
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2012
            Why don't you think this would be a good fit?  Not sure it can keep up with the volume?

            <mnegley@...>
            Sent by: Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com

            04/04/2012 08:05 AM

            Please respond to
            Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com

            Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com
            cc
            Jorge Merino <jorge@...>
            Subject
            RE: [Easy400Group] Convert PDF To TIFF

            jorge@...> wrote:

            > What about to use ghostscript to convert from PDF to TIFF? Look at
            this thread:

            http://stackoverflow.com/questions/75500/best-way-to-convert-pdf-files-to-tiff-files

            > This version of ghostscript 8.54 compiled for the IBMi works well, I have been using it to convert from PDF to PCL.

            http://computer-refuge.org/classiccmp/aixpdslib/pub/ghostscript/RISC/5.3/exec/

            > Some instructions to convert from PDF to PCL, that is mostly to show you how you can deal with ghostscript:
            >
            > Jorge Merino
            > jmerinoh

            This message is for the use of the intended recipient only. It may be privileged,
            confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the
            intended recipient, please immediately delete all copies of this message and
            its attachments and contact us at service@... so we can take steps to
            avoid such transmission errors in the future. Thank you.

          • mnegley@neb.rr.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4, 2012
              Not saying it can't but was hoping for a bit more detail/documentation/examples or preferrably something readily available that will not require additional installs. If this truly is the best option available, I'll keep researching.

              Thanks,

              Mike