RE: [Easy400Group] Pick Calendar Dates - A new Easy400.net utility for CGI programs

  • syed.qadri@wolseleyinc.ca
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 3, 2012
      Giovanni,

      Greetings and Happy New year...

      Thanks for coming up with such a utility for all of us.

      I have gone thru all steps and installed and restarted the http instance again and would like to test and am not sure how to test the utility using the following:

      To run the demos, use the URI's
          /jsDatePick/MyExample_jquery.html
          /jsDatePick/MyExample_jquery_full.html

      Need to know what the above lines means URI ? ? and how to run test the utility on my i series. The concept of jquery is new for me.

      When I do this on my browser, it gives me errors:

      Thanks
      Farhan

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 3, 2012

        Farhan,

        1-     Make sure you have installed IFS directory /jsdatepick . That IFS directory should have been installed during JSDATEPICK installation process

         2-   Make sure to have added the following directives
        Alias /jsDatePick/  /jsDatePick/
        <Directory /jsDatePick>
           AllowOverride None
           Options None
           order allow,deny
           allow from all
        </Directory>

        2-     Your URL http://www:8014/jsdatepick/myexample_jquery.html  seems correct

        To understand how the examples work, just look at their HTML sources,

        -          /jsdatepick/myexample_jquery.html

        -          /jsdatepick/MyExample_jquery_full.html

        You should copy to your HTML script the part between

        <!-- start of statements to be copied to your WEB program -->

        and

        <!-- end of statements to be copied to your WEB program -->

        After copying that, you should match the field ID’s mentioned in the javascript functions with the ones in your input fields.

        Just look at the sources of the examples.

        Of course, this implies that you are familiar with JavaScript.

        Giovanni

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 30, 2012
          Thanks so much Giovanni for this great utility.

          I want the dates returned as mm-dd-yy so changed the line:
          JsDatePick({useMode:2,target:inputField,dateFormat:"%m-%d-%y"});} works great if the field is blank(returns 08-05-12 if picked)

          However, I want to provide a date already entered and allow user to change, when I populate the field to be prompted, then click to show calendar it returns a value for 08-05-12 as 08-05-(picked from the calendar)

          html source as:

          what am I doing wrong?
        • Giovanni B. Perotti
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 30, 2012

            Victoria,

            I will investigate on this matter and let you know.

            That may take some time (one day?) as I cannot recall all the code I happened to write.

            Giovanni

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 30, 2012
              Understood, appreciate your attention...

              --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, "Giovanni B. Perotti" <gb_perotti@...> wrote:

              > Victoria,
              >

              > I will investigate on this matter and let you know.
              >
              > That may take some time (one day?) as I cannot recall all the code I
              > happened to write.
              >

              > Giovanni

            • Giovanni B. Perotti
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012

                Victoria,

                your problem with JsDatePick was reported as follow

                -          When a date input field contains a default value, the date picked up from the pop-up calendar shows up as missing some (initial) part

                I developed an example for this case, and it works. See page

                                http://www.easy400.net/jsDatePick/MyExample2_jquery.html

                Giovanni

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012
                  This is another example for the use of dates jquery:

                  <head>
                  <title>Untitled Page</title>
                  <link rel="stylesheet" href="./css/cupertino/jquery.ui.all.css" type="text/css">
                  #jQueryDatePicker1
                  {
                  border: 1px #C0C0C0 solid;
                  background-color: #FFFFFF;
                  color :#000000;
                  font-family: Arial;
                  font-size: 13px;
                  text-align: left;
                  vertical-align: middle;
                  }
                  .ui-datepicker
                  {
                  font-family: Arial;
                  font-size: 13px;
                  z-index: 1003 !important;
                  display: none;
                  }

                  <script type="text/javascript" src="./java/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>
                  <script type="text/javascript" src="./java/jquery.ui.core.min.js"></script>
                  <script type="text/javascript" src="./java/jquery.ui.widget.min.js"></script>
                  <script type="text/javascript" src="./java/jquery.ui.datepicker.min.js"></script>
                  <script type="text/javascript">
                  $(document).ready(function()
                  {
                  var jQueryDatePicker1Opts =
                  {
                  dateFormat: 'dd-mm-yy',
                  changeMonth: false,
                  changeYear: false,
                  showButtonPanel: true,
                  showAnim: 'show'
                  };
                  $("#jQueryDatePicker1").datepicker(jQueryDatePicker1Opts);
                  $("#jQueryDatePicker1").datepicker("setDate", "new Date()");
                  });
                  </script>
                  </head>
                  <input type="text" id="jQueryDatePicker1" style="position:absolute;left:227px;top:386px;width:179px;height:18px;line-height:18px;z-index:0;" name="/%datini%/" value="/%datini%/">

                  --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, "Victoria" <fvshumate@...> wrote:

                  > Understood, appreciate your attention...
                  >
                  > --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, "Giovanni B. Perotti" <gb_perotti@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Victoria,
                  > >

                  > > I will investigate on this matter and let you know.
                  > >
                  > > That may take some time (one day?) as I cannot recall all the code I
                  > > happened to write.
                  > >

                  > > Giovanni

                • Victoria
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012
                    Thank you, that worked. Thanks for your prompt response!

                    --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, "Giovanni B. Perotti" <gb_perotti@...> wrote:

                    > Victoria,
                    >

                    > your problem with JsDatePick was reported as follow
                    >
                    > - When a date input field contains a default value, the date picked
                    > up from the pop-up calendar shows up as missing some (initial) part
                    >

                    > I developed an example for this case, and it works. See page
                    >
                    > http://www.easy400.net/jsDatePick/MyExample2_jquery.html
                    >

                    > Giovanni

                  • Victoria
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 15, 2012
                      Me again. I rolled this page out to users and they want to change the date format to MM/DD/YY or YYYY when I change the statement:
                      function pick(inputField){new JsDatePick({useMode:2,target:inputField,dateFormat:"%m/%d/%Y"});} the calendar popup does not work. If i change to %m-%d-%Y it does work, but I want to move to a *USA date type
                      Thanks for all your help

                      --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, "Victoria" <fvshumate@...> wrote:

                      > Thank you, that worked. Thanks for your prompt response!
                      >
                      > --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, "Giovanni B. Perotti" <gb_perotti@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Victoria,
                      > >

                      > > your problem with JsDatePick was reported as follow
                      > >
                      > > - When a date input field contains a default value, the date picked
                      > > up from the pop-up calendar shows up as missing some (initial) part
                      > >

                      > > I developed an example for this case, and it works. See page
                      > >
                      > > http://www.easy400.net/jsDatePick/MyExample2_jquery.html
                      > >

                      > > Giovanni

                    • Giovanni B. Perotti
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 15, 2012

                        Victoria, I’m afraid that the jsquery function (I imported from the Internet and on which I have no control) needs to work with ISO date formats.

                        ISO date formats require “-“ separators among the three date elements.

                        mm-dd-yyyy is an ISO format

                        mmddyyyy is NOT an ISO format.

                        Better get used to the international ISO date standards. World is moving, your users should realize that soon or later.

                        In your program you may change the input date to the format you better like.

                        Giovanni

                        Me again. I rolled this page out to users and they want to change the date format to MM/DD/YY or YYYY when I change the statement:
                        function pick(inputField){new JsDatePick({useMode:2,target:inputField,dateFormat:"%m/%d/%Y"});} the calendar popup does not work. If i change to %m-%d-%Y it does work, but I want to move to a *USA date type
                        Thanks for all your help

                        --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, "Victoria" <fvshumate@...> wrote:

                        > Thank you, that worked. Thanks for your prompt response!
                        >
                        > --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, "Giovanni B. Perotti" <gb_perotti@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Victoria,
                        > >

                        > > your problem with JsDatePick was reported as follow
                        > >
                        > > - When a date input field contains a default value, the date picked
                        > > up from the pop-up calendar shows up as missing some (initial) part
                        > >

                        > > I developed an example for this case, and it works. See page
                        > >
                        > > http://www.easy400.net/jsDatePick/MyExample2_jquery.html
                        > >

                        > > Giovanni

                      • Giovanni
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 15, 2012
                          Victoria,

                          in my JsDatePick WEB page http://www.easy400.net/jsDatePick/aboutit.htm I present two different JsDatePick models.
                          I believe you are using the "basic" one: that model does not allow for suppressing date separators, as per my previous note.

                          If you use the second model, the "more sophisticated" one, you may suppress date separators.
                          That I found out now and I documented it at the end of my WEB  page.
                          Of course, if you use this second model you must be quite familiar with Javascript and be very careful.

                          Giovanni