RE: [Easy400Group] Confused on how to set this up in CGIDEV2.

  • Kevin Turner
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1, 2011

      Well Jim (the OP) seems to have gone quiet anyway!

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 1, 2011
        Was just trying to see if I could make suggestions work.

        Thanks to all! You've give me lots to ponder and try.

        -- Jim

      • DECOURCY ELLIS Paul AUS GUEST
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 4, 2011

          A bit late to this topic , as I have been on holidays, but here’s my two cents to the original question:

          As Kevin stated , you can use (1) program or many to put out (1) screen  or many screens.

          If you want to have it in one program it would go something like this:

          1.User uses System sign-on method.

          2.Your program is then called.

          3.Once you have the user-id in your program you validate against the file(at this stage you have not written any HTML sections).

          4.If the user exists, write out your main HTML as you would normally.

          5.If the user does NOT exist, write out different HTML sections asking for the extra data and place a hidden field with a different request code. Add  Submit button.

          6.User enters data  and hits Submit button (which can post back to the same program that just put this HTML out)

          7.Main program is checking incoming HTML variables for different codes and finds that the request has just come from your Secondary html page , so use that data to update your user file, then build your main HTML as you would in step 4 and send that out.

          Once this is working you can decide to split the logic to two programs or keeps it in one , and then use Javascript to make the second html work in a Window.

          Sounds like Rennaisance has some code you can borrow. J

          Paul deCourcy Ellis
          Application Support
          Ferrero Australia Pty Limited
          * Locked Bag 902, North Sydney, NSW, 2060
          ( (02) 9409 8451
          6 (02) 9409 8861
          Mob 0423196525

          Was just trying to see if I could make suggestions work.

          Thanks to all! You've give me lots to ponder and try.

          -- Jim

          > Well Jim (the OP) seems to have gone quiet anyway!

          Before you print this message, be sure that it is necessary. The environment is in our hands!

          Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and/or documents which accompany it is confidential, may be privileged, proprietary and exempt from disclosure, and is intended for the exclusive use of the person or persons to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this message in error for any reason, please advise us immediately by reply e-mail and delete both the message and the copy thereof contained in reply. Thank you.