CGIDEV2 CCSID

  • pitgit81
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1 7:38 AM
      Hello *ALL,

      I'm a relative newbie to CGIDEV2 and this group. I'm using CGIDEV2 in
      the following environment.

      Our Web-Clients are created with Adobe Flex. With a so called
      HTTP-Service we call RPG-programs directly via CGI.

      With CGIDEV2 functions ZhbGetInput() and zhbGetVar() we read incoming
      parameter values from StdIn.
      With functions updHtmlVa() and wrtSection() we create an output-XML-file
      that we write to StdOut from which Adobe Flex accepts the XML document.

      This works nearly perfectly.

      The problem that we encountered is, that all characters passed down to
      the RPG-Programm are translated from UTF-8 to CCSID 273 correctly,
      excepting one character, the german sharp s (ß).

      If the RPG programm reads a record from the database containing a sharp
      s translation works perfectly allright.

      I debugged the process and found out, that the client passes sharps s's
      as hex 66 which is not correctly translated into EBCEDIC CCSID 273.

      If anyone can help, I would be thankful.

      Regards from Germany

      Klaus-Peter Luttkus
    • Kevin Turner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1 7:46 AM
        We do it by encoding all these characters. For example, ß would be à

[...]

        NOTICE: The information in this electronic mail transmission is intended by CoralTree Systems Ltd for the use of the named individuals or entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email or by telephone, so that the sender's address records can be corrected.

        CoralTree Systems Limited
        25 Barnes Wallis Road
        Segensworth East, Fareham
        PO15 5TT

        Company Registration Number 5021022.
        Registered Office:
        12-14 Carlton Place
        Southampton, UK
        SO15 2EA
        VAT Registration Number 834 1020 74.
      • Henrik Rützou
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1 8:37 AM
          Try to add this

          # CGI PEXTCGI Basic Support
          ScriptAliasMatch /pextcgi/(.*).pgm /qsys.lib/pextcgi.lib/$1.pgm
          <Directory /QSYS.LIB/PEXTCGI.LIB>
           setenv QIBM_CGI_LIBRARY_LIST "QTEMP; PEXTCGI; PEXTDTASTD; PEXTLIB; PEXTAFW; PEXTCD2;"
           CGIConvMode EBCDIC
           DefaultNetCCSID 1208
           Options +ExecCGI
           order allow,deny
           allow from all
          </Directory>

          We do it by encoding all these characters. For example, ß would be &#224;

          --
          Regards,
          Henrik Rützou

        • Klaus-Peter Luttkus