Re: Browser printing / CGIDEV2

  • eamisano
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2011
      Hi Bruce

      One of my first questions when in 2003 I begin to use browsers was:
      how I have to print a page directly to a specified printer (already configured) on my pc ?

      A few years later the response was this ActiveX control ONLY for Internet Explorer:
      http://www.meadroid.com/scriptx/

      In this internet site you can see also a free version of this product.
      With this product you can:
      - print to a specified printer
      - print a number of copies that you define
      - set margin header , left and footer
      - print an hidden page
      -- much ancd much more....

      But 3 year ago, my question was:
      Why I have to use only internet explorer ?
      When Firefox is issued, I never use more microsoft browser.
      For me the best is Firefox, nothing to compare with IE.

      But ActiveX doesn't function on Firefox... How I have to do ?
      My Lan users prefer FF for a lot of reason......

      The solution in this case is: JSPRINTsetup plug-in for Firefox !

      The documentation:
      http://jsprintsetup.mozdev.org/

      The author email: mitko@... (Bulgarian people)

      The firefox plugin download is at:
      https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/search/?q=jsprintsetup&cat=all&x=0&y=0

      Now in my external script I can set and install automatically this plugin.
      For example, I use this script to print directly to a PDF printer in order to create a PDF output with the CGI application.

      Hi have a nice day
      Enrico