HTTP 404 error

  • russellkroc
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2010
      I have just moved an app. from our old 400 our newer 400. The app. has a web menu associated with it. Any of the menu options that have DIR's in there path work fine. I have several options that use a AS400 LIB and a RPGLE pgm that is getting the 404 error message. The path looks like this //new400/newlib/RPGLEpgm.pgm?reportname=rpt_nam> I have almost no web experience so any suggestions would be a huge help. Thanks Russ
    • Giovanni B. Perotti
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2010
        Russ,

        HTTP 404 means that the HTTP server did its best to find the requested resource "//new400/newlib/RPGLEpgm.pgm?... ", but it did not make it.
        It looks like the directives of the HTTP instance do not provide enough information for the poor HTTL server.
        Can you please send out the directives of such HTTP instance?

        If you are not familiar with such business, assuming that the name of the HTTP instance is BRAVO,
        then usually the HTTP instance directives file is found by
            wrklnk '/www/BRAVO/conf/httpd.conf'

        If you are able to find such a directives stream file, please get a copy and send it to my personal e-mail address

        As a matter of fact, I hate annoying the Easy400Group members with discussions that are terribly specific to a single case.

        Giovanni B. Perotti
        Easy400Group owner
        I have just moved an app. from our old 400 our newer 400. The app. has a web menu associated with it. Any of the menu options that have DIR's in there path work fine. I have several options that use a AS400 LIB and a RPGLE pgm that is getting the 404 error message. The path looks like this //new400/newlib/RPGLEpgm.pgm?reportname=rpt_nam> I have almost no web experience so any suggestions would be a huge help. Thanks Russ

      • Bob P. Roche
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2010

          You can also compare the directives to the directives from the old server to see where they don't match. Allowing for difference that may exist in library structure, IP address and server name.

          From:"Giovanni B. Perotti" <gb_perotti@...>
          To:<Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com>
          Date:09/01/2010 03:40 PM
          Subject:Re: [Easy400Group] HTTP 404 error
          Sent by:<Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com>

              gb_perotti@...

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2010

            IBM has been tightening up on the security of the machines with each new release that comes out. With the IBM i now being an active participant on the web, the use of *PUBLIC is rapidly being revoked requiring companies to revisit the security and authority on the boxes.

            On V5R3 I revoked *PUBLIC from nearly everything I could. Do not revoke it from the IBM stuff or you may get a dead system. The commands require *PUBLIC and so do many IBM objects. On completing this process, my web sites failed to load. The problem was that many of the programs and objects had *PUBLIC. I granted authority to user profiles QTMHHTTP and QTMHHTP1 to use the objects the website needed. I also changed the authority directives in the apache configuration to force the users to get the authentication challenge box requiring them to enter their user ID and passwords. (The jobs will execute under the user profile logged in with.) This solved the problem I had when I upgraded to V5R3.

            HTH

            Darryl Freinkel

            Assignment 400 Group, Inc.

            Tel: 770.321.8562 ext 111 | Fax 770.321.8562 | 2247 La Salle Dr, Marietta GA, 30062, USA | PO Box 72556, Marietta, GA 30007-2556