Another problem with AMAILER

  • vespagranlusso
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1 7:10 AM
      Hi,

      I think I've found another problem with AMAILER. One of the MS Exchange user id's that we are trying to receive mail messages for had a password containing an ! (exclamation mark). We found that we could not connect to their mailbox using AMAILER. I debugged into the PrcUsrMail code and I think that the problem is caused by incorrect translation of the password from EBCDIC to ASCII.

      The user id and password seem to be translated twice. First they are translated From the job CCSID To CCSID 500 in procedure POP3rcv. Then when the POP3 command strings are sent to the server (by procedure TcpSendLine) they are translated To ASCII CCSID 819, but the From CCSID seems to be the job CCSID again, not CCSID 500. This means that any character that has a different code point in the job CCSID and CCSID 500 is not translated correctly.

      Our system CCSID is 285 (UK English). The exclamation mark symbol is x5A in CCSID 285, which is translated to x4F in CCSID 500. This is then translated into x7C in CCSID 819, which isn't the exclamation mark - it should be x5A.

      To get round this problem we have changed the ! in the password to a ? (question mark) which has code point x6F in both CCSID 285 and 500.

      I am probably missing something here, but is the first translation into CCSID 500 necessary?

      Regards,

      Nick
    • Giovanni B. Perotti
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1 9:22 AM
        You may very well be right.
        Can you please try the following and let me know how it works.

        1-In MMAIL/QRPGLESRC member YYYPOP3RCV,
        replace stmts 147.00 to 153.00 with the following:

         * login to POP server
        C                   eval      POP3sock = POP3login(host:
        C                             username:
        C                             password:
        C                             msgcount :
        C                             acccde:
        C                             acclog)
        2-ADDLIBLE MMAIL
        3-CRTRPGMOD MODULE(MMAIL/YYYPOP3RCV) SRCFILE(MMAIL/QRPGLESRC) DBGVIEW(*SOURCE)
        4-UPDSRVPGM SRVPGM(MMAIL/SOCKETMAIL) MODULE(MMAIL/YYYPOP3RCV)
        5-Restart the HTTP instance used to run AMailer.

        I that is OK, I shall release a new version of MMAIL.

        Giovanni B. Perotti

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2 4:45 AM
          Giovanni,

          Yes, that change seems to fix the problem that we were having with the ! in the password.

          Thanks,

          Nick