SMTP and MMAIL

  • olleiro
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2010
      Hi all
      I read through the previous post but I found nothing about this. My application produce the invoices that I want to send via email to the customers. I know that I can use MMAIL to send email, but my question is: Is possible to use an outside or external SMTP instead of that os400 native? Has anyone try this situation? Any tips are welcome.
      best regards
      mario
    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2010

        Hi Mario,

        Why would you want to use an external SMTP? We use to use one but then reverted back to AS/400 native along with an internal DNS server.

        Regards

        Stephen

        > Message Received: Jun 01 2010, 11:52 AM
        > From: "olleiro"
        > To: Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [Easy400Group] SMTP and MMAIL
        >

        > Hi all
        > I read through the previous post but I found nothing about this. My application produce the invoices that I want to send via email to the customers. I know that I can use MMAIL to send email, but my question is: Is possible to use an outside or external SMTP instead of that os400 native? Has anyone try this situation? Any tips are welcome.
        > best regards
        > mario

        =
      • Giovanni B. Perotti
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2010
          Question: Is it possible to use an outside or external SMTP instead of the os400 native one?
          Answer: Yes of course, why don't you just read the MMAIL FAQs?

          Giovanni

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2010
            Ok Giovanni
            I didn't read the FAQ because I only look through the post in this newsgroup and forgot to look into the FAQ.
            thanks again.
            Mario
            --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, "Giovanni B. Perotti" <gb_perotti@...> wrote:

            > Question: Is it possible to use an outside or external SMTP instead of the os400 native one?
            > Answer: Yes of course, why don't you just read the MMAIL FAQs?
            >
            > Giovanni

          • olleiro
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2010
              Stephen
              thank you for your answer. The reason is that the AS has a public IP but not yet a registered domain so I think I cannot send mail directly from AS because the native smtp wouldn't be recognize from the net.
              best regards
              Mario

              --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, Stephen <stephen@...> wrote:

              > Hi Mario,
              >
              > Why would you want to use an external SMTP? We use to use one but then reverted back to AS/400 native along with an internal DNS server.
              >
              > Regards
              >
              > Stephen
              >

              > > Message Received: Jun 01 2010, 11:52 AM
              > > From: "olleiro"
              > > To: Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com
              > > Subject: [Easy400Group] SMTP and MMAIL
              > >

              > > Hi all
              > > I read through the previous post but I found nothing about this. My application produce the invoices that I want to send via email to the customers. I know that I can use MMAIL to send email, but my question is: Is possible to use an outside or external SMTP instead of that os400 native? Has anyone try this situation? Any tips are welcome.
              > > best regards
              > > mario

            • Kevin Turner
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 1, 2010
                Wouldn't your AS/400 SMTP server just relay the email to your external
                SMTP server anyway?

                thank you for your answer. The reason is that the AS has a public IP but
                not yet a registered domain so I think I cannot send mail directly from
                AS because the native smtp wouldn't be recognize from the net.
                best regards
                Mario

                --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, Stephen <stephen@...> wrote:

                > Hi Mario,
                >
                > Why would you want to use an external SMTP? We use to use one but then
                reverted back to AS/400 native along with an internal DNS server.

                > Regards
                >
                > Stephen
                >

                > > Message Received: Jun 01 2010, 11:52 AM
                > > From: "olleiro"
                > > To: Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com
                > > Subject: [Easy400Group] SMTP and MMAIL
                > >

                > > Hi all
                > > I read through the previous post but I found nothing about this. My
                application produce the invoices that I want to send via email to the
                customers. I know that I can use MMAIL to send email, but my question
                is: Is possible to use an outside or external SMTP instead of that os400
                native? Has anyone try this situation? Any tips are welcome.
                > > best regards
                > > mario

                NOTICE: The information in this electronic mail transmission is intended by CoralTree Systems Ltd for the use of the named individuals or entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email or by telephone, so that the sender's address records can be corrected.

                CoralTree Systems Limited
                START Centre, 25 Barnes Wallis Road
                Segensworth East, Fareham
                PO15 5TT