Lauch web page from an RPG application

  • nomad10030
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
      Hi all,

      Is there a way to launch a web application from green screen and pass in variables to the URL string?
    • Antoon van Os
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
        Stephen,
        Yes, there is.
        In 5250 emulation of IBM's Access for Windows you can display a link in a DSPF like
        http://www.google.com
        and have the user click on it
        Is that what you are looking for ?
        Antoon

        To: Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com
        From: stephen@...
        Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:43:43 +0000
        Subject: [Easy400Group] Lauch web page from an RPG application

        Hi all,

        Is there a way to launch a web application from green screen and pass in variables to the URL string?

        Lentekriebels? Speel samen met je vrienden de spelletjes die Windows Live je aanbiedt!
      • Jean-Marc Gigandet
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
          Hi,

          Yes you can. At least, by calling a CL program, which will call STRPCO (with monmsg) and then STRPCCMD command.
          I just build and pass the variable to the CL program.

          My CL do something like this:
          STRPCO     PCTA(*NO)
          MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000)

          CHGVAR     VAR(&CMD) VALUE('START http://' *TCAT &SYSNAM *TCAT +
                            '/' *TCAT &WEBDIR *TCAT &URLVAR)

           STRPCCMD   PCCMD(&CMD) PAUSE(*NO)
           MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000)

          Where &SYSNAM is the name of the http server (or IP adress...), &WEBDIR is the root directory for web pages if needed, and &URLVAR is the build URL (pgm name, and it's variables).
          The limit is that your URL should be short, as the STRPCCMD command is linked to the DOS command prompt. The &CMD variable should not exceed 120 characters.

          Regards,
          Jean-Marc

          Le 01/12/2009 11:43, nomad10030 a écrit :

          Hi all,

          Is there a way to launch a web application from green screen and pass in variables to the URL string?

          Orange vous informe que cet e-mail a été contrôlé par l'anti-virus mail.
          Aucun virus connu à ce jour par nos services n'a été détecté.

        • nomad10030
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
            Hi Anton,

            What I am looking for is to launch CGI web app from a command key on a display file, using client access. Is this possible?

            --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, Antoon van Os <Antoon.van.Os@...> wrote:

            > Stephen,
            >
            > Yes, there is.
            >
            > In 5250 emulation of IBM's Access for Windows you can display a link in a DSPF like
            >
            > http://www.google.com
            >
            > and have the user click on it
            >
            > Is that what you are looking for ?
            >
            > Antoon
            >

            > To: Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com
            > From: stephen@...
            > Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:43:43 +0000
            > Subject: [Easy400Group] Lauch web page from an RPG application
            >

            > Hi all,
            >
            > Is there a way to launch a web application from green screen and pass in variables to the URL string?

            > Lentekriebels? Speel samen met je vrienden de spelletjes die Windows Live je aanbiedt!
            > http://www.messengerbillboard.be/nl/play

          • Goodall, Richard
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009

              Or you can use the STRPCO command and STRPCCMD command and invoke an application such as a browser passing the URL

              Cheers Richard

              From: stephen@williams100 30.freeserve. co.uk
              Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:43:43 +0000

              Hi all,

              Is there a way to launch a web application from green screen and pass in variables to the URL string?

              Lentekriebels? Speel samen met je vrienden de spelletjes die Windows Live je aanbiedt!

              ***************************Disclaimer***************************

              The contents of this e-mail and any file transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  The content may also contain legal, professional or other privileged information. If you received this e-mail in error, please destroy it immediately.  You should not copy or use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person. The views stated herein do not necessarily represent the view of the Company.

              Please ensure you have adequate virus protection before you open or detach any documents from this transmission. The Company does not accept any liability for  viruses.

              Premier Farnell plc
              150 Armley Road
              Leeds
              LS12 2QQ
              Telephone +44 (0) 870 129 8608
              Fax +44 (0) 870 129 8610

              Registered in England
              Company Number 876412
              Registered Office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE

            • Giovanni B. Perotti
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
                The best way I know for an ILE-RPG program (no matter if executing in interactive, in batch, or in an HTTP instance)
                is that of using Scott Klement HTTPAPI utility, see page

                That is library LIBHTTP. It contains a lot of examples.
                By using Scott's procedures available in LIBHTTP your program may simulate to be a browser and do what a browser can do.
                For instance, your program can send a form to an URL and receive the response into a user-specified IFS stream file.

                For a sample program, see page

                Giovanni

                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
                  Stephen,
                  Yes it is. Any valid URL will work, including a CGI program call, just like when you type it into the browser's command line.
                  Antoon

                  To: Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com
                  From: stephen@...
                  Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:59:53 +0000
                  Subject: [Easy400Group] Re: Lauch web page from an RPG application

                  Hi Anton,

                  What I am looking for is to launch CGI web app from a command key on a display file, using client access. Is this possible?

                  --- In Easy400Group@ yahoogroups. com, Antoon van Os <Antoon.van. Os@...> wrote:

                  > Stephen,
                  >
                  > Yes, there is.
                  >
                  > In 5250 emulation of IBM's Access for Windows you can display a link in a DSPF like
                  >
                  > http://www.google. com
                  >
                  > and have the user click on it
                  >
                  > Is that what you are looking for ?
                  >
                  > Antoon
                  >

                  > To: Easy400Group@ yahoogroups. com
                  > From: stephen@...
                  > Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:43:43 +0000
                  > Subject: [Easy400Group] Lauch web page from an RPG application
                  >

                  > Hi all,
                  >
                  > Is there a way to launch a web application from green screen and pass in variables to the URL string?

                  > Lentekriebels? Speel samen met je vrienden de spelletjes die Windows Live je aanbiedt!
                  > http://www.messenge rbillboard. be/nl/play

                  Gratis verblufffende panoramafoto's maken? Met Photo Gallery is dit zo gebeurd.
                • Mike Haston
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
                    From a CLP you can do something similar ...

                    STRPCO
                    MONMSG     MSGID(IWS4010)
                    STRPCCMD   PCCMD('START  http://yourip/cgipgm.pgm' ) PAUSE(*NO)

                    Not sure if you can do that from an RPG program with a QCMDEXC type call or not.

                    Is there a way to launch a web application from green screen and pass in variables to the URL string?

                  • Stephen
                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
                      Hi Antoon,

                      Thanks for the information, but I am not sure what needs to be coded in the DDS to enable me to do this.

                      Regards

                      Stephen

                      To: Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com
                      > From: stephen@...
                      > Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:59:53 +0000
                      > Subject: [Easy400Group] Re: Lauch web page from an RPG application

                      Hi Anton,

                      > What I am looking for is to launch CGI web app from a command key on a display file, using client access. Is this possible?
                      >
                      > --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, Antoon van Os Os@...> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > Stephen,
                      > >
                      > > Yes, there is.
                      > >
                      > > In 5250 emulation of IBM's Access for Windows you can display a link in a DSPF like
                      > >
                      > > http://www.google.com
                      > >
                      > > and have the user click on it
                      > >
                      > > Is that what you are looking for ?
                      > >
                      > > Antoon
                      > >

                      > > To: Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com
                      > > From: stephen@...
                      > > Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:43:43 +0000
                      > > Subject: [Easy400Group] Lauch web page from an RPG application
                      > >

                      > > < BR>> Hi all,
                      > >
                      > > Is there a way to launch a web application from green screen and pass in variables to the URL string?

                      > > Lentekriebels? Speel samen met je vrienden de spelletjes die Windows Live je aanbiedt!
                      > > http://www.messengerbillboard.be/nl/play

                      Gratis verblufffende panoramafoto's maken? Met Photo Gallery is dit zo gebeurd.

                      =
                    • Bob P. Roche
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
                        If your doing this with a function key, nothing extra needs to be coded in the DDS. Several people have answered with using STRPCO and STRPCCMD to do this. When the function key is pressed have your program use these commands to instruct the connected PC to launch the URL.
                        I have a few programs that do this to show help screens. Instead of the old standard screens explaining everything on a green screen. I was able to build web pages with screen images of what to expect to see happen along with the descriptions to allow the user to follow along. They press F1. and my program calls a CL that launches a passed in URL.

                        From:Stephen <stephen@...>
                        To:Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com
                        Date:12/01/2009 10:47 AM
                        Sent by:<Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com>

                        To: Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com

                        http://www.google.com

                        > > and have the user click on it
                        > >
                        > > Is that what you are looking for ?
                        > >
                        > > Antoon
                        > >

                        > > To:
                        Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com
                        > > From: stephen@...
                        > > Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:43:43 +0000
                        > > Subject: [Easy400Group] Lauch web page from an RPG application
                        > >

                        > > < BR>> Hi all,
                        > >
                        > > Is there a way to launch a web application from green screen and pass in variables to the URL string?

                        > > Lentekriebels? Speel samen met je vrienden de spelletjes die
                        Windows Live je aanbiedt!

                        http://www.messengerbillboard.be/nl/play

                        Gratis verblufffende panoramafoto's maken? Met Photo Gallery is dit zo gebeurd.

                        =

                      • Chet
                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009

                          Any examples that you are willing to share?

                          If your doing this with a function key, nothing extra needs to be coded in the DDS. Several people have answered with using STRPCO and STRPCCMD to do this. When the function key is pressed have your program use these commands to instruct the connected PC to launch the URL.
                          I have a few programs that do this to show help screens. Instead of the old standard screens explaining everything on a green screen. I was able to build web pages with screen images of what to expect to see happen along with the descriptions to allow the user to follow along. They press F1. and my program calls a CL that launches a passed in URL.

                          Stephen <stephen@...>

                          Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com

                          12/01/2009 10:47 AM

                          To: Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
                            Stephen,
                            You do not code anything, just define an output field in which to display the URL,
                            in your program you do something like :

                            urlField = 'http://www.google.com';

                            or whatever.

                            You can even add parameters for sites that allow lookup stuff like some telephone companies do,
                            if you need an example just let me know,
                            Hth,
                            Antoon

                            To: Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com
                            From: stephen@...
                            Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 17:45:39 +0100

                            To: Easy400Group@ yahoogroups. com
                            > From: stephen@williams100 30.freeserve. co.uk
                            > Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:59:53 +0000
                            > Subject: [Easy400Group] Re: Lauch web page from an RPG application

                            Hi Anton,

                            > What I am looking for is to launch CGI web app from a command key on a display file, using client access. Is this possible?
                            >
                            > --- In Easy400Group@ yahoogroups. com, Antoon van Os Os@...> wrote:
                            > >

                            > > Stephen,
                            > >
                            > > Yes, there is.
                            > >
                            > > In 5250 emulation of IBM's Access for Windows you can display a link in a DSPF like
                            > >
                            > > http://www.google. com
                            > >
                            > > and have the user click on it
                            > >
                            > > Is that what you are looking for ?
                            > >
                            > > Antoon
                            > >

                            > > To: Easy400Group@ yahoogroups. com
                            > > From: stephen@...
                            > > Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:43:43 +0000
                            > > Subject: [Easy400Group] Lauch web page from an RPG application
                            > >

                            > > < BR>> Hi all,
                            > >
                            > > Is there a way to launch a web application from green screen and pass in variables to the URL string?

                            > > Lentekriebels? Speel samen met je vrienden de spelletjes die Windows Live je aanbiedt!
                            > > http://www.messenge rbillboard. be/nl/play

                            Gratis verblufffende panoramafoto' s maken? Met Photo Gallery is dit zo gebeurd.

                            =

                            Windows 7: maak je eigen video's. Meer informatie.
                          • GKH
                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
                              Hey there.

                              The collegue who used to set up the ports in our firewall had left my company; and now I need to know how to do this.

                              I've been googling it, and haven't seen any good step-by-step procedures.

                            • GKH
                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
                                Of course right after I send this I find the answers I need on the ever-wonderful EZ400 page:
                                http://www.easy400.net/tcpcfgh/page02.mbr

                                sorry!  ^_^''

                                Message 15 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009

                                  >>>I find the answers I need on the ever-wonderful EZ400 page: http://www.easy400. net/tcpcfgh/ page02.mbr

                                  When I wrote those pages in May 2000 I though that they could help someone (after me .. :)  ).
                                  I'm glad that 9.5 years later my expectation happened to be fulfilled!

                                  Giovanni

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
                                    rats; unfortunately, it doesn't show one step; how to add a new port :(

                                    I got everything else up (I hope)

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009

                                      Ports do not need to be added.
                                      They are always there, both for rats and birds.

                                      Just mention the port you want to use, for instance in an HTTP instance ("listen : port_number"),
                                      and - if any other task is using it- it's yours.

                                      Giovanni

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
                                        Ah, so after all those steps you documented; other than having the client call the people who handles their firewall to open up the port, I don't need to do anything else?

                                        Cool, thank you!
                                        Did I mention your site is awsome? :)

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009

                                          Right, but do not trust too much firewall people, I never did.

                                          Giovanni
[...]

                                        • reryro2000
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
                                            Chet- Here's an example for a PC running Windows:

                                            STRPCO
                                            MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000)
                                            STRPCCMD PCCMD('rundll32 +
                                            url.dll,FileProtocolHandler +
                                            http://www.google.com')

                                            There are other methods, but most do not allow for the default browser to be called (they make assumptions about the browser installed and the installed location) while this technique uses the Windows registry to launch whatever browser is registered as the default. You can replace the URL shown with whatever you want to display, including IFS-resident files (with the syntax \\[your IFS server name]\[your path] -Jim

                                            --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, "Chet " <kai_dev@...> wrote:

                                            > Any examples that you are willing to share?

                                          • Stephen
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Dec 2, 2009
                                              Hi Antoon,

                                              Sorry to be a pain, but an example would be nice thanks.

                                              Thanks

                                              Stephen

                                              To: Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com

                                              To: Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com