MMAIL for V5R2 - Installation fix

  • jbperotti
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2009
      If you tried to install MMAIL on a V5R2 box and the install procedure
      did not complete because service program QWCTZUTC could not be found,
      we have got news for you.
      After some research the reason was found. QWCTZUTC is a service
      program in QSYS for V5R3, and it does not exist on V5R2.

      The bad thing is that though one of the MMAIL service program was
      created on a V5R3 box with target release V5R2, the bind to service
      program QWCTZUTC is maintained. On V5R2, that results to an error when
      trying to restore that MMAIL service program.

      The only way out, then, was to rebuild that MMAIL service program
      excluding some procedures, so to do avoid linkages to QSYS/QWCTZUTC
      service program.

      This was done on January 2, 2009.
      Therefore the ones of you not making out the installation of MMAIL on
      V5R2 are invited to
      - rename or delete library MMAIL
      - download and install the new version of MMAIL (available for V5R2)
      from the Easy400 site http://www.easy400.net

      Giovanni B. Perotti
      Easy400 site owner
    • Mike Haston
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2009
        Can distribution lists created using MMAIL/WRKGRP only be used when using the STREMLSPLF command or can I use these distribution lists with the EMLSPL as well?  It doesn't seem to like me using a distribution list and tells me the email is invalid.