Hey Guys

  • mail2musthu
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
      I am very new to CGI, but almost very sound in RPG. I installed Apache
      server and CGIDEV2 libraris in V5R2Mo machine. Everythingis working as
      Giovanni is demanding. Now what exactly i have to do to learn more
      about, building my own pages. Could you guys please direct me to a
      begining point, I am excited to explore more in to this. Expect your
      cooperation. Have a good one!!Thanks in advance.
    • Giovanni B. Perotti
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
        1- Get some practice looking at Mel's and Giovanni's demos
           Sources are available in CGIDEV2/QRPGLESRC.
           Make your own version of some of such programs in YOUR OWN LIBRARY
           (see command SETCGILIB at page http://www.easy400.net/cgidev2o/cgisetup.mbr#setcgilib )
           and try to make them work.
        2- CGIDEV2 tutorial starts at page

        Enjoy CGIDEV2!

        Giovanni

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
          I was just trying to create my first CGI, something went wrong. Now
          CGIDEV2APA serving is not coming up. There is no joblog can see to
          check the error. Please help!!
        • mail2musthu
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
            Oooh mY god. This was a real pain. I just executed the procedure to
            get CGIDEV2 all afresh. oooh my gad its a pain
          • DECOURCY ELLIS Paul AUS GUEST
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
              Re: Hey Guys

              HI There,

              If looking for joblogs :

              All standard Apache HTTP server jobs run in subsystem QHTTPSVR  . Do work active job and you can see them - you are looking for the server job : PGM-QZSRCGI

              This is the job that  runs your HTTP request.

              If the job is still there you can see the job log.
              If the job has ended , use wrksplf qtmhhttp to see the joblog spoolfile.
              Use the CGIDEBUG file. (View using SQL or Query) It will store all your HTTP pipe information and may point to your problem.

              If all else fails post the exact error message and outline the problem to the group.

              CGIDEV2 is a very stable install and any problems are usually introduced not inherited . . . :-o

              Paul deCourcy Ellis
              Application Support
              Ferrero Australia Pty Limited
              * Locked Bag 902, North Sydney, NSW, 2060
              ( (02) 9409 8451
              6 (02) 9409 8861
              Mob 0423196525

                     Before you print this message, be sure that it is necessary.  The environment is in our hands!

              Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and/or documents which accompany it is confidential, may be privileged, proprietary and exempt from disclosure, and is intended for the exclusive use of the person or persons to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this message in error for any reason, please advise us immediately by reply e-mail and delete both the message and the copy thereof contained in reply. Thank you.