Detroit Area Youth Combat Practice

  • Lord Kazmer
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 25, 2009
      Greetings all,

      I apologize for being  tardy with this notice.  This Sunday (June 28th) is the last Sunday of the month.  Therefore it is Boffer Sunday in Southeastern michigan.  This is the last scheduled practice before Pennsic.  The next practice will be August 30th.

      Summer Sunday Fight Practice
      April/May-October
      1:00pm thru 5:00pm
      Norman J Halmich Park
      3001 13 Mile Rd.
      Warren, MI  48092

      As always I will bring the loaner gear.  Come one, come all.

      Lord Kazmer

      There is no need to sally forth, for it remains true that those things which make us human are, curiously enough, always close at hand. Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tiny blasts of tiny trumpets, we have met the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us.

      Walt Kelly  US animator & cartoonist (1913 - 1973)

      =
    • Lord Kazmer
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 24, 2009
        The next scheduled youth practice will be on Sunday, November 29th.  We have moved inside to the Berkley Ice Arena (see below).
        As always, I will bring the loaner gear.

        Winter Sunday Fight Practice
        November through April
        1:00pm thru 5:00pm
        2400 Robina Berkley, MI 48072

        Message 3 of 8 , May 17, 2010
          The next regularly scheduled Boffer/Youth Combat practice for the Metro-Detroit area is this Sunday, May 23rd.
          Practice is being moved from the last Sunday because of the holiday weekend.

          Summer Sunday Fight Practice
          April thru October
          1:00 PM thru 5:00 PM
          Norman J Halmich Park
          3001 E 13 Mile Rd
          Warren, MI 48092

          As always I will bring the loaner gear.  Come one, come all.

          Lord Kazmer
          Pentamere Regional Youth Marshal

        • Lord Kazmer

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 20, 2010
              REMINDER

              The next regularly scheduled Boffer/Youth Combat practice for the Metro-Detroit area is this Sunday, September 26th.
              This is the same time, and location, as the Heavy and Fencing practice.

              Summer Sunday Fight Practice
              April thru October
              1:00 PM thru 5:00 PM
              Norman J Halmich Park
              3001 E 13 Mile Rd
              Warren, MI 48092

              As always I will bring the loaner gear.  Come one, come all.

              Lord Kazmer
              Pentamere Regional Youth Marshal

              There is no need to sally forth, for it remains true that those things which make us human are, curiously enough, always close at hand. Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tiny blasts of tiny trumpets, we have met the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us.

              Walt Kelly  US animator & cartoonist (1913 - 1973)

            • William Hanna
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 21, 2010
                just wondering if there is any combat archery in the mix, if not can you set me in the right direction?

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 22, 2010
                  I think you need to talk to Duke Brannos about that.

                  Kazmer
                  1a.

                  Re: Detroit Area Youth Combat Practice

                  Posted by: "William Hanna" wyldbilld@...   wyldbilld

                  Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:17 am (PDT)

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 14, 2010
                    The Detroit Area Youth Combat practice schedule for the rest of this year is as follows:

                    October: rescheduled (see below)
                    November: 7th @ Berkley Ice Arena (moved from October)
                    28th @ Berkley Ice Arena
                    December: no practice

                    Moving the October practice avoids Holloween and lets us practice indoors. I will send out reminders the week before each practice.

                    I encourage all youth fighters, and their parents, to attend the following events:

                    October 23rd: “It Takes My Child to Raze a Village” in Howell Michigan.
                    November 20th: “Grand Tourney” in Livonia, Michigan.
                    December 4th: “Toys Tourney” in New Lothrop, Michigan

                    I plan to be present at each of these events and will bring loaner gear.

                    Lord Kazmer
                    Pentamere Regional Youth Combat Marshal