Awards Rec's for Border War

  • odo@cablespeed.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2009

      'Tis again that time of year when we must yet again defend our lands from incursions from the west. Sigh, will they never learn?

      We intend to have a nice, cordial, polite, and civilized conversation with our beloved Cousins Garth and Cassia (may they rule forever, imbued with the wisdom our troops pound into them. :)  Yet, who knows? There may yet be a tussle or two involved before the good people of Andelcrag come to their wits and cease their annual aggression.

      Their Majesties, Queen Runa and King Eikbrandr, have told us that They will be overseeing our "discussions" at BBW, and They will be holding a Royal Court. Their Majesties have further said that they have received several dozens of recommendations for honors and awards to be bestowed at that Court, and have reminded us that we are not only the voice of the Crown to the populace, but are also the the voice of the populace to the Crown. They have asked us to fulfill our role as advisors to Them, especially regarding such honors as They may choose to give at BBW.

      So, please good gentles, look around at your fellows, consider the people in neighboring groups whether they're Northwoods or not, and determine who is worthy of honors from the Crown. Feel free to send your thoughts and determinations directly to Their Majesties, and/or to us so that we may give good counsel to the Crown.

      We have responded to Their Majesties that we will prepare a letter reflecting Their people's thoughts in this matter no later than this Friday. Please let us know before then.

      Cave lupem!

      odo et Dulcinea