tavern planning #1

  • Linda Renaud
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2008
      Message
      OKAY...........now I'm ready to get cracking on this.

      Here is the first thing. I promise NOT to take on any more taverns for a LONG time. I will NOT do any where we will not be allowed access to the kitchen for at least an hour or two for lunch prep (or like Tyger Hunt where we can cook outside on our own grill). My biggest stress here is heating things up in roasters and crock pots. As late as this morning, I was considering changing this meal to all cold foods with hot drinks. Anyone think this is a better idea than soups and hot hounds?????????????

      SO the first thing I need is confirmation of who's going and who's driving. Johanna, John and I (and possibly another child of mine) will be going up in Johanna's vehicle (right, Johanna?) a tad earlier than the food needs to leave so we can set up the merchant table. Once that's up, it only really needs one person to watch it.

      Kathi's van is not running well so I am counting on Angela to drive the food, equipment and Kathi to Lansing (and possibly another helper or two--depending on who's going). I am thinking if you are there at 10:00, we can be mostly ready to serve by 11:00 and can close at 3:00, which is what we are on the schedule for.

      I always like to stay for court but will not be staying for feast. If everyone agrees and has funds, maybe we can eat together on the way home and still get back around here at a reasonable time.

      Besides the stuff I've got (two roasters, one crock pot, one large orange utility-type extension cord, and one little one) we could use another crock pot and another large utility-type extension cord. Anyone? Any chance anyone has an electric "hot plate" thingie?

      We (the canton) now own a large electric coffee pot (for heating up water this time).

      Weather looks okay for traveling so far:  http://www.wunderground.com/US/MI/Lansing.html

      Here's the link for the event if you haven't looked at it yet:  http://www.scanorthwoods.org/

      Goggle map says it's 1 hour and 42 minutes. Here's the address: 3900 Stabler St. Lansing MI 48910 (it won't let me link ya' or I'd send it!).

      Please respond so I am not stressing.

      Thanks.

      Adela