Detroit Area Youth Combat Practice

  • Lord Kazmer
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 24, 2009
      The next scheduled youth practice will be on Sunday, November 29th.  We have moved inside to the Berkley Ice Arena (see below).
      As always, I will bring the loaner gear.

      Winter Sunday Fight Practice
      November through April
      1:00pm thru 5:00pm
      2400 Robina Berkley, MI 48072

      Lord Kazmer

      There is no need to sally forth, for it remains true that those things which make us human are, curiously enough, always close at hand. Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tiny blasts of tiny trumpets, we have met the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us.

      Walt Kelly  US animator & cartoonist (1913 - 1973)

      =
    • Lord Kazmer
      Message 2 of 8 , May 17, 2010
        The next regularly scheduled Boffer/Youth Combat practice for the Metro-Detroit area is this Sunday, May 23rd.
        Practice is being moved from the last Sunday because of the holiday weekend.

        Summer Sunday Fight Practice
        April thru October
        1:00 PM thru 5:00 PM
        Norman J Halmich Park
        3001 E 13 Mile Rd
        Warren, MI 48092

        As always I will bring the loaner gear.  Come one, come all.

        Lord Kazmer
        Pentamere Regional Youth Marshal

      • Lord Kazmer

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 20, 2010
            REMINDER

            The next regularly scheduled Boffer/Youth Combat practice for the Metro-Detroit area is this Sunday, September 26th.
            This is the same time, and location, as the Heavy and Fencing practice.

            Summer Sunday Fight Practice
            April thru October
            1:00 PM thru 5:00 PM
            Norman J Halmich Park
            3001 E 13 Mile Rd
            Warren, MI 48092

            As always I will bring the loaner gear.  Come one, come all.

            Lord Kazmer
            Pentamere Regional Youth Marshal

            There is no need to sally forth, for it remains true that those things which make us human are, curiously enough, always close at hand. Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tiny blasts of tiny trumpets, we have met the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us.

            Walt Kelly  US animator & cartoonist (1913 - 1973)

          • William Hanna
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 21, 2010
              just wondering if there is any combat archery in the mix, if not can you set me in the right direction?

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 22, 2010
                I think you need to talk to Duke Brannos about that.

                Kazmer
                1a.

                Re: Detroit Area Youth Combat Practice

                Posted by: "William Hanna" wyldbilld@...   wyldbilld

                Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:17 am (PDT)

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 14, 2010
                  The Detroit Area Youth Combat practice schedule for the rest of this year is as follows:

                  October: rescheduled (see below)
                  November: 7th @ Berkley Ice Arena (moved from October)
                  28th @ Berkley Ice Arena
                  December: no practice

                  Moving the October practice avoids Holloween and lets us practice indoors. I will send out reminders the week before each practice.

                  I encourage all youth fighters, and their parents, to attend the following events:

                  October 23rd: “It Takes My Child to Raze a Village” in Howell Michigan.
                  November 20th: “Grand Tourney” in Livonia, Michigan.
                  December 4th: “Toys Tourney” in New Lothrop, Michigan

                  I plan to be present at each of these events and will bring loaner gear.

                  Lord Kazmer
                  Pentamere Regional Youth Combat Marshal