Topsfield?

  • saltreat
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
      Hey gang, how's it going up there? As I pack for my trip north (with
      the dogs skulking around, looking quite dubious), I'm thinking about
      the fun time I had with you all last year, as well as looking forward
      to seeing some of you in Bangor at the end of the week. And I
      especially miss Rayma's birthday party and BBQ -- sounds like it was
      going to be quite a blast this year! If anyone gets a chance to post
      the show and party results before early AM, please do!
      Sal, soon to be bringing you some Florida sunshine, I hope!
    • namas3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
        Sally,
               I hope you meant early am on Monday..here goes...WOW!! What a weekend we had!! A FANTASTIC first outing for the new and First NAMASCUSA affiliate club...NEMASC.  We handled ribbons and prizes for nemasc specialty, prizes for namascusa specialty, judges gifts, a HUGE  raffle that everyone there ( all breeds and visitors) participated in, an after show, agility demo with experienced dogs and then a fun time agility with individual instructors working with beginners who had signed up..We had the just now forming MARS...Mini aussie Rescue and support group there getting lots of donations, sold drinks and can coolers and bumperstickers, had almost 50 people at the BBQ , a post show, (and post a few drinks), auction, birthday cake, a totally exhausted group of workers and volunteers, ( including a club President suffering from heat stroke who came THAT close to being sent to hospital), and a flatout, outrageously fun time!!!
               as the treasurer, I'm not even close to getting together all the money in cans and folders and pockets that people handed to me..but the total is close to $700!!!

        THANK YOU EVERYONE, who gave
        support both in donations for the raffle and in lending that bit of muscle, advice, or just a plain helping hand.
        They say that many hands make light work but there was nothing light about this ..Everyone worked their butts off and it showed. Even Bob and Laurice were in the best mood I'd ever seen them in , and for the entire weekend too!!  To top it all off, one of the judges actually won something she'd wanted from the raffle table and Tonya said she was just tickled pink when she was handed her prize.
               I have some pictures that I took digitally, I'll try to get them to the lists before I leave for Bangor.  I've got the tuna fudge and some liver brownies all made up. See you soon.
        pooped but happy, Sue Fontaine, NEMASC , treasurer and self appointed club skinflint
      • SalTreat@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
          Outstanding!
          Sally
        • Marla J. McCormick
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
            You're right about everything, Sue - it was a fabulous weekend. Indy
            is passed out at my feet - and Bill is passed out in his chair. I'm
            getting ready to take the longest shower of my life (I smell like wet
            dogs; I look like I've been run over ....)

            Our little agility helpers were all absolutely thrilled with their
            experience - first of all that they got to "help", second that they
            got to "work" their own dogs through the jumps and tunnels and third
            that they got little gifts for doing what they love to do. There are a
            couple of dads being harassed to build backyard agility equipment and
            a couple of moms looking for agility training classes. YESSSSS!

            I'd like to thank Paddy and Mike and all who worked so hard to make
            the agility demo and tryout a success. Every one of us newbies who
            participated walked off that course thinking that we had a potential
            champion on our hands - all thanks to the wonderful Mini Aussie people
            who were so willing to put so much effort and time making it a
            positive experience. In fact, I just made reservations for Katy, Texas
            for Indy and me.

            Oh, yeah, and some other dogs got ribbons. <BG>

            Marla

          • Joyce Errichetti
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
              Hey everyone! We're finally back and really bushed. I was pretty close to
              heat stroke myself. But it was really worth it. I have never been to such
              a fun show. From the ribbons and prizes to the barbeque to the company it
              was a great event, despite the yucky weather and red clay all over our dogs'
              whites. Mini Aussies definitely ruled THIS show. I sure wish that the
              other breed entries (other than Shilohs) were more significant as it was
              very quiet this afternoon! But it did make the entire show shorter which I
              am grateful for!

              I cannot post show results because I barely remember what my own Freeway did
              right now. There are so many people to thank but the most obvious was Rayma
              who was hostess to everyone from her camper with the help of her great
              family members. A few dogs finished their championships this weekend and
              all in all it was just heartwarming. I will post a couple of candid shots
              later and my own brags but I'm all worn out now. I hope everyone returned
              home safely and got someone else to unload their stuff for them!

              Best regards to NEMASC,
              Joyce Errichetti
              www.stockholder-ranch.com

              "Everyone is stuck in their own history until someone shows them the way
              out."
[...]
              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Community email addresses:
              Post message: MiniAussies-L@egroups.com