Free C++

  • Cloud_Strife_SOLDIER
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 22, 2002
      Umm I'm new to the C++ part of game programming, and wanted to know a
      little about where I can find a free C++ program, that's pretty
      good. Thx-JC

      http://www.darkbasic.com DarkBASIC Game Programming-Great VisualBasic
      type game maker. Top notch
    • Cloud_Strife_SOLDIER
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 22, 2002
        Errr compiler, my bad.-JC
      • Maegwyn
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 22, 2002
          Check out DJGPP at www.delorie.com. Also look at
          members.tripod.co.uk/lpfglc for info on it and the
          game programming library Allegro
          --- Cloud_Strife_SOLDIER
          <cloud_strife_soldier@...> wrote:
          > Errr compiler, my bad.-JC

          Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
          http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
        • Cloud_Strife_SOLDIER
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 22, 2002
            Thx Maegwyn :) -JC

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 23, 2002
              Anyone know of another one where I don't have to edit my whole web
              shell or autoexec file to use?-JC
            • Forest Handford
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 23, 2002
                Try Bloodshed or GNU.

                ***On Wed 5:41a Jan 23 Cloud_Strife_SOLDIER <cloud_strife_soldier@...> wrote***
                Anyone know of another one where I don't have to edit my whole web
                shell or autoexec file to use?-JC

                To unsubscribe from the East Coast Games Forum, send an email to:

              • Cloud_Strife_SOLDIER
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 23, 2002
                  I hate sounding totaly ignorant, but where might I aquire these fine
                  pieces of software :) -JC

                  --- In EastCoastGames@y..., "Forest Handford" <fhandford@m...> wrote:
                  > Try Bloodshed or GNU.
                  >
                  > ***On Wed 5:41a Jan 23 Cloud_Strife_SOLDIER
                  <cloud_strife_soldier@y...> wrote***
                  > Anyone know of another one where I don't have to edit my whole web
                  > shell or autoexec file to use?-JC
                  >

                  > To unsubscribe from the East Coast Games Forum, send an email to:

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                • Forest Handford
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 23, 2002
                    I think GNU comes free with most versions of LINUX as well as UNIX. For Bloodshed try http://www.bloodshed.net/ .

                    ***On Wed 9:49a Jan 23 Cloud_Strife_SOLDIER <cloud_strife_soldier@...> wrote***

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 23, 2002
                      Thx loads Forest! -JC
                    • Maegwyn
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 23, 2002
                        If you are at all interested in pascal Free pascal is
                        a good free compiler. Linux distributions do come
                        with the built in gnu C/C++ compiler. And lots of
                        other great development tools. You can even get
                        delphi for linux now - Kylix. There is a free version
                        available. It's great.

                        --- Cloud_Strife_SOLDIER