Walk for climate action on Saturday Nov 4

  • Astarte Earthwise
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2006

      Dear friends,

      This Saturday November 4, we're getting together in towns and cities all around Australia to share a walk for our future, as part of the Walk Against Warming. It's a great chance to meet other GetUp members and people concerned about climate change in a fun, unified and highly visible action.

      Get the details and RSVP for your local area by clicking on the link below.

      www.getup.org.au/campaign/WalkAgainstWarming

      <http://campaign.getup.org.au/Sitecast2/redirect.aspx?es=1656223&l=129&url=h

      ttp%3a%2f%2fwww.getup.org.au%2fcampaign%2fwalkagainstwarming>

      If you'd be interested in helping to coordinate other GetUp members at the Walk Against Warming in your area, please email us now at info@....

      We need a few enthusiastic volunteers who can take special delivery of GetUp placards, some t-shirts and other cool stuff and be a hub for GetUp walkers on the day.

      Meanwhile, our Climate Action Map is exploding- with communities from Tasmania's Aberdeen to Badu Island off the far north coast of Queensland in the Torres Strait lit up for action.

      Since we launched more than 50,000 Australians nationwide have joined the map and we're well on our way to achieving our target of 250,000. Check it out now, and if you haven't already, make your mark today.

      www.getup.org.au/campaign/ClimateActionNow

      <http://campaign.getup.org.au/Sitecast2/redirect.aspx?es=1656223&l=130&url=h

      ttp%3a%2f%2fwww.getup.org.au%2fcampaign%2fClimateActionNow>

      Thanks for being part of this,

      The GetUp team

      If you have trouble with any links in this email, please go directly to www.getup.org.au.

      GetUp is an independent, not-for-profit community campaigning group. We use new technology to empower Australians to have their say on important national issues.

      Wise & Blessed Be
      Astarte Earthwise xXx

      http://www.earthwise.net.au/