Humour - A Pagan in Hell

  • Astarte Earthwise
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2006
      A Pagan In Hell

      A Pagan dies and, to his great surprise, he finds himself standing before a
      set of pearly gates. St. Peter asks him, "May I help you?"

      The Pagan asks, "Where am I?"

      Peter says, "You're at the gates of heaven."

      "But I don't believe in heaven," says the Pagan.

      Peter frowns at him. "You're one of those Pagans, aren't you?"

      "Yes. I believe I'm in the wrong place; I'm supposed to go to Summerland."

      Peter says, "Sorry. We took over Summerland, and it's temporarily closed for
      remodeling."

      "What should I do now?"

      Peter says, "Well, since we don't allow Pagans in heaven, you have to go to
      hell. Sorry. Just follow that path that leads downward and to the left."

      The Pagan walks down to hell, where the gates are standing open. He walks in
      and finds beautiful meadows, happy animals, and clear streams of water.

      He walks on in and begins exploring, and after a few minutes a courtly
      gentleman walks up to him and bows politely. "Hello, I'm Satan. You must be
      the guy that St. Peter phoned me about. Are you a Pagan?"

      "Yes, I am. What's going to happen now?"

      Satan says, "Well, the fishing's pretty good, if you enjoy that sort of
      thing. There's a little refreshment stand down the road. And I believe the
      Pagan meeting grounds are right over the next hill."

      Suddenly, a hole opens up in the sky above, and a yawning chasm opens
      directly underneath it. The stench of sulphur fills the air. Hundreds of
      screaming, tortured souls drop down into the flaming chasm, which
      immediately closes up with a thud.

      The Pagan, hardly believing what he just saw, asks Satan, "And what was THAT
      ???"

      Satan rolls his eyes. "Oh, just ignore them. They're Christians; they
      wouldn't have it any other way."

      Wise & Blessed Be
      Astarte Earthwise xXx

      ~ Wisewoman ~ Healer ~ Teacher ~
      Psychic Tarot Reader & Counsellor
      Reiki Practitioner - Workshop Facilitator

      27 years Experienced & Accurate

      Available by Appointment for Consultations & Teaching
      ~ In Person ~ Phone ~ Internet/Email ~Postal ~
      PO Box 3122, St Marys South, NSW. AUSTRALIA
      ~ Office: (02) 9623 9963  Mobile:  0409 986 095 ~

      Email ~ earthwise@...
      Web ~  www.earthwise.net.au
      Store ~ www.earthwise-store.com
      EBay ~ aearthwise