Herbal Bathing ~

  • Aussie Talie
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2013
      Herbal Bathing
      By Kami McBride
      Herbal bathing is a great way to relax, heal and
      support healthy skin function. The skin is the largest organ in the
      body. It contributes to many important functions such as secretion,
      absorption, excretion, temperature regulation, immune function, and
      sensory reception. The skin has receptor sites that transfer information
      through the nervous system to the spinal cord and brain. It not only
      provides a boundary between us and the rest of the world, but because of
      its millions of receptor sites, is a major player in how we perceive,
      experience, and interact with the world.
      The skin is also a major organ of elimination just like our lungs,
      kidneys and colon. It plays a key role in helping our body to eliminate
      toxins, heavy metals, and carcinogenic substances. Herbs have many
      healing benefits for the skin and there are many simple herbal bathing
      treatments that can help our skin do its job of keeping us healthy.
      Herbal Baths
      Nerve Tonic Bath
      4 gallons water
      ½ cup lavender leaf and flower
      ½ cup oatstraw
      ½ cup lemon balm
      1 cup whole oats Invigorating Bath
      4 gallons water
      ½ cup rosemary
      ½ cup calendula
      ½ cup yarrow leaf
      and flower Bedtime Bath
      4 gallons water
      2 cups lavender
      1 cup chamomile Pleasure Bath
      4 gallons water
      4 cups rose petals De-tox Bath
      4 gallons water
      1 cup burdock root
      1 cup elder flowers
      1 cup yarrow flowers
      1 cup Epsom salts Kami's Calming Garden Bath
      2 cups lavender flowers
      2 cups lemon verbena leaf
      1 cup rosemary leaf and flower
      1 cup California poppy leaf and flower