Salvia Divinorum

  • Astarte Earthwise
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
      I am about to try some experimentation with the visionary herb Salvia Divinorum, it appears from what I have read that the most effective way of taking this herb for a longer effect 30 - 40 minutes is by using it as a tincture, rather than smoking or chewing the leaves. Just wondering if anyone here has had experience with this plant, have you ever made a tincture?and if so I would be very greatful for any advise, tips etc...

      For those interested this site has good information

      Light, Life, Love
      Astarte Earthwise xXx

      "Minstro sui juris miles militus"

    • ruth
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 14, 2004
        Salvia Divinorium is an amazing herb. Have not used the tincture, but
        have smoked it (great connections to be made if you are out in the
        elements) its available in leaf form, and a 4x or 5x concentrate to
        smoke from herbal highs (nimbin, byron bay, newtown) and the medicine
        garden (lismore).
        Interested to hear of your experiences :)
        B*B
        ruth
        --- In EarthwiseAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "Astarte Earthwise"
        <earthwise@b...> wrote:
        > I am about to try some experimentation with the visionary herb
        Salvia Divinorum, it appears from what I have read that the most
        effective way of taking this herb for a longer effect 30 - 40 minutes
        is by using it as a tincture, rather than smoking or chewing the
        leaves. Just wondering if anyone here has had experience with this
        plant, have you ever made a tincture?and if so I would be very
        greatful for any advise, tips etc...

        > For those interested this site has good information
        > http://www.sagewisdom.org/usersguide.html
        >
        > Light, Life, Love
        > Astarte Earthwise xXx
        >
        > "Minstro sui juris miles militus"
      • handsonskin
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 22, 2004
          G'dat Astarte

          It was mixed with butter and rubbed into my arm. I can't tell you
          much more than that - smile. One of our party was a medical doctor
          who asked all the right questions. I trusted her completely. Hehehe
          even though we were at a festival in America and we had already had
          some magic mushrooms and about half an hour later had some lsd in
          honey mead before having some pot.

          I was fortunate in that my introduction to drugs in my late 40's was
          done with people who had experience ... knew the right questions and
          did their research. We always erred on the side of caution and
          always had straight people present for the duration who were aware
          of our journey.

          I was more fortunate though because the people who taught me these
          things did so with spiritual intent and they taught me the value of
          that by the way my life has changed. Don't get me wrong it was
          always okay at the time ... now it is blissful.

          Keep asking the questions. If you need it I'll give you a most
          knowledgable yahoo group you can get all the right answers from.

          Blissings

          Keith