Rob Brezsny's Weekly Horoscope

  • Aussie Talie
    Message 1 of 49 , Feb 2 2:07 PM
      FREE WILL ASTROLOGY
      Week beginning February 2
      Copyright 2012 by Rob Brezsny
      http://FreeWillAstrology.com
      Grammar key: Asterisks equal *italics*

      AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): If you go to California's Yosemite National
      Park this month, you might get the chance to witness a reddish gold
      waterfall. Here's how: At sunset, gaze up at the sheer east face of the
      rock formation known as El Capitan. There you will see what seems to be
      a vertical river of fire, also known as Horsetail Fall. I nominate this marvel
      to be your inspirational symbol for the coming weeks. According to my
      reading of the astrological omens, you will have the power to blend fire
      and water in novel ways. I encourage you to look at the photo here --
      http://bit.ly/fluidicfire -- and imprint the image on your mind's eye. It will
      help unleash the subconscious forces you'll need to pull off your own
      natural wonder.

      PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): After singer Amy Winehouse died, actor
      Russell Brand asked the public and media to scale back their derisive
      opinions about her struggle with intoxicants. Addiction isn't a romantic
      affectation or glamorous self-indulgence that people are too lazy to
      overcome, he said. It's a disease. Would you mock a schizophrenic for his
      "stupid" propensity for hearing voices? Would you ridicule a victim of
      multiple sclerosis for not being vigorous? I'm of the opinion that all of us
      have at least one addiction, although it may not be as disabling as
      Winehouse's weakness for liquor and narcotics. What's yours, Pisces?
      Porn? Sugar? Internet? Bad relationships? The coming weeks would be a
      very good time to seek help in healing it.

      ARIES (March 21-April 19): Sad but true: A lot of people seem to be
      perpetually in a state of wanting what they don't have and not wanting
      what they actually do have. I'm begging you not to be like that in the
      coming weeks, Aries. Please? I'll tell you why: More than I've seen in a
      long time, you will have everything going for you if you want precisely
      what you do have -- and are not full of longing for what's unavailable. Do
      you think you can you manage that brilliant trick? If so, you will be
      amazed by the sublimity of the peace that will settle over you.

      TAURUS (April 20-May 20): Of all the signs of the zodiac, Tauruses are
      the least likely to be arrogant. Sadly, in a related development, they're
      also among the most likely to have low self-esteem. But your tribe now
      has an excellent opportunity to address the latter problem. Current
      cosmic rhythms are inviting you rather loudly and dramatically to boost
      your confidence, even at the risk of you careening into the forbidden
      realm of arrogance. That's why I recommend Taurus musician Trent
      Reznor as your role model. He has no problem summoning feelings of self-
      worth. As evidence, here's what he confessed when asked about whether
      he frequents music social networks: "I don't care what my friends are
      listening to. Because I'm cooler than they are."

      GEMINI (May 21-June 20): "If Mark Twain had had Twitter," says humorist
      Andy Borowitz, "he would have been amazing at it. But he probably
      wouldn't have gotten around to writing Huckleberry Finn." I think you're
      facing a comparable choice, Gemini. You can either get a lot of little
      things done that will serve your short-term aims, or else you can at least
      partially withdraw from the day-to-day give-and-take so as to devote
      yourself with more focus to a long-range goal. I'm not here to tell you
      which way to go; I just want to make sure you know the nature of the
      decision before you.

      CANCER (June 21-July 22): You now have a special talent for helping your
      allies tap into their dormant potentials and latent energy. If you choose to
      use it, you will also have a knack for snapping lost sheep and fallen angels
      out of their wasteful trances. There's a third kind of magic you have in
      abundance right now, Cancerian, and that's the ability to coax concealed
      truths out of their hiding places. Personally, I'm hopeful that you will make
      lavish use of these gifts. I should mention, however, that some people
      may resist you. The transformations you could conceivably set in motion
      with your superpowers might seem alarming to them. So I suggest that
      you hang out as much as possible with change-lovers who like the strong
      medicine you have to offer.

      LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): "Publishing a volume of poetry is like dropping a
      rose petal down the Grand Canyon and waiting for the echo," said author
      Don Marquis, speaking from experience. Something you're considering,
      Leo, may seem to fit that description, too. It's a project or action or gift
      that you'd feel good about offering, but you also wonder whether it will
      generate the same buzz as that rose petal floating down into the Grand
      Canyon. Here's what I think: To the degree that you shed your
      attachment to making an impact, you will make the exact impact that
      matters most. Give yourself without any expectations.

      VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): Comedian Louis CK told a story about his
      young daughter. She had a fever, and he gave her some Tylenol that was
      bubble gum flavored. "Ewwww!" she complained. Louis was exasperated.
      "You can't say 'ewwww,'" he told her. What he meant was that as a white
      kid in America, she's among the most privileged characters in the world --
      certainly far luckier than all the poor children who have no medicine at all,
      let alone medicine that tastes like candy. I'm going to present a similar
      argument to you, Virgo. In the large scheme of things, your suffering
      right now is small. Try to keep your attention on your blessings rather
      than your discomfort.

      LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): I stumbled upon an engineering textbook for
      undergraduates. There was a section on how to do technical writing, as
      opposed to the literary kind. It quoted a poem by Edgar Allan Poe: "Helen,
      thy beauty is to me / Like those Nicean barks of yore / That gently, o'er
      a perfumed sea, / The weary way-worn wanderer bore / To his own native
      shore." Then the book gave advice to the student: "To express these
      ideas in technical writing, we would simply say, 'He thinks Helen is
      beautiful.'" Don't take shortcuts like that, Libra. For the sake of your
      emotional health and spiritual integrity, you can't see or treat the world
      anything like what a technical writer would.

      SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Are you ready to start playing in earnest with
      that riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma? Are you looking
      forward to the rough and tumble fun that will ensue after you leap into
      the middle of that sucker and start trying to decipher its impossibly
      interesting meaning? I hope you are primed and eager, Scorpio. I hope you
      can't wait to try to answer the question that seems to have no answer.
      Be brave and adventurous, my friend -- and be intent on having a blast.

      SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Lessons could come to you from
      unforeseen sources and unanticipated directions during the next few
      weeks, Sagittarius. They will also come in expected forms from all the
      familiar influences, so the sum total of your learning could be pretty
      spectacular. To take maximum advantage of the opportunity, just assume
      that everyone and everything might have useful teachings for you -- even
      people you usually ignore and situations that have bored you in the past.
      Act like an eager student who's hungry for knowledge and curious to fill in
      the gaps in your education.

      CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): "The consuming desire of most human
      beings is deliberately to plant their whole life in the hands of some other
      person," said British writer Quentin Crisp. If you harbor even a small
      tendency in that direction, Capricorn, I hope that in the coming days you
      will make a concentrated effort to talk yourself out of it. In my
      astrological opinion, this is a critical moment in the long-term evolution of
      your healthy self-sufficiency. For both your own sake and the sake of the
      people you love, you must find a way to shrink your urge to make them
      responsible for your well-being.

      May The Magick Of The Merlins Bless Each & Everyone Of You - Talie

    • Aussie Talie
      Message 49 of 49 , Oct 29, 2013
        FREE WILL ASTROLOGY
        Week beginning October 31
        Copyright 2013 by Rob Brezsny
        http://FreeWillAstrology.com
        Grammar key: Asterisks equal *italics*

        SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): What if you had the power to enchant and
        even bewitch people with your charisma? Would you wield your allure
        without mercy? Would you feel wicked delight in their attraction to you,
        even if you didn't plan to give them what they want? I suspect these
        questions aren't entirely rhetorical right now. You may have more mojo at
        your disposal than you realize. Speaking for your conscience, I will ask you
        not to desecrate your privilege. If you must manipulate people, do it for
        their benefit as well as yours. Use your raw magic responsibly. Halloween
        costume suggestion: a mesmerizing guru; an irresistible diva; a stage
        magician.

        SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): I had a dream that you were in the film
        *O Brother, Where Art Thou?* You were like the character played by
        George Clooney after he escaped from a prison chain gang. Can you
        picture it? You were wearing a striped jailbird suit, and a ball and chain
        were still cuffed around your ankle. But you were sort of free, too. You
        were on the lam, making your way from adventure to adventure as you
        eluded those who would throw you back in the slammer. You were not yet
        in the clear, but you seemed to be en route to total emancipation. I think
        this dream is an apt metaphorical depiction of your actual life right now.
        Could you somehow use it in designing your Halloween costume?

        CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): I invite you to try the following exercise.
        Imagine the most powerful role you could realistically attain in the future.
        This is a position or niche or job that will authorize you to wield your
        influence to the max. It will give you the clout to shape the environments
        you share with other people. It will allow you to freely express your
        important ideas and have them be treated seriously. Let your imagination
        run a little wild as you visualize the possibilities. Incorporate your visions
        into your Halloween costume.

        AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): In the course of earning a living, I have
        worked four different jobs as a janitor and six as a dishwasher. On the
        brighter side, I have performed as a songwriter and lead singer for six rock
        bands and currently write a syndicated astrology column. According to
        my analysis of the astrological omens, you Aquarians are primed to
        cultivate a relationship with your work life that is more like my latter
        choices than the former. The next eight months will be a favorable time
        to ensure that you'll be doing your own personal equivalent of rock singer
        or astrology columnist well into the future. Halloween costume
        suggestion: your dream job.

        PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): Author Robert Louis Stevenson loved the
        work of poet Walt Whitman, recommending it with the same enthusiasm
        as he did Shakespeare's. Stevenson also regarded Whitman as an unruly
        force of nature, and in one famous passage, called him "a large shaggy
        dog, just unchained, scouring the beaches of the world and baying at the
        moon." Your assignment is to do your best imitation of a primal creature
        like Whitman. In fact, consider being him for Halloween. Maybe you could
        memorize passages from Whitman's *Leaves of Grass* and recite them at
        random moments. Here's one: "I too am not a bit tamed, I too am
        untranslatable, / I sound my barbaric YAWP over the roofs of the world."

        ARIES (March 21-April 19): Once when I was hiking through Maui's rain
        forest, I spied a majestic purple honohono flower sprouting from a rotting
        log. As I bent down close, I inhaled the merged aromas of moldering wood
        and sweet floral fragrance. Let's make this scene your metaphor of the
        week, Aries. Here's why: A part of your life that is in the throes of decay
        can serve as host for a magnificent bloom. What has been lost to you
        may become the source of fertility. Halloween costume suggestion: a
        garbage man or cleaning maid wearing a crown of roses.

        TAURUS (April 20-May 20): What don't you like? Get clear about that.
        What don't you want to do? Make definitive decisions. What kind of
        person do you not want to become and what life do you never want to
        live? Resolve those questions with as much certainty as possible. Write it
        all down, preferably in the form of a contract with yourself. Sign the
        contract. This document will be your sacred promise, a declaration of the
        boundaries you won't cross and the activities you won't waste your time
        on and the desires that aren't worthy of you. It will feed your freedom to
        know exactly what you like and what you want to accomplish and who
        you want to become. Halloween costume suggestion: the opposite of who
        you really are.

        GEMINI (May 21-June 20): Are you up for an experiment? Not just on
        Halloween, but for a week afterwards, be scarier than your fears. If an
        anxious thought pops into your mind, bare your teeth and growl, "Get out
        of here or I will rip you to shreds!" If a demon visits you in a nightly
        dream, chase after it with a torch and sword, screaming "Begone, foul
        spirit, or I will burn your mangy ass!" Don't tolerate bullying in any form,
        whether it comes from a critical little voice in your head or from
        supposedly nice people who are trying to guilt-trip you. "I am a brave
        conqueror who cannot be intimidated!" is what you could say, or "I am a
        monster of love and goodness who will defeat all threats to my integrity!"

        CANCER (June 21-July 22): Are you ready to be amazed? Now would be
        an excellent time to shed your soul's infantile illusions . . . to play wildly
        with the greatest mystery you know . . . to accept gifts that enhance
        your freedom and refuse gifts that don't . . . to seek out a supernatural
        encounter that heals your chronic sadness . . . to consort and converse
        with sexy magical spirits from the future . . . to make love with the lights
        on and cry when you come. Halloween costume suggestion: the
        archetypal LOVER.

        LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): Some people in your vicinity are smoldering and
        fuming. The air is heavy with emotional ferment. Conspiracy theories are
        ripening and rotting at the same time. Hidden agendas are seeping into
        conversations, and gossip is swirling like ghostly dust devils. Yet in the
        midst of this mayhem, an eerie calm possesses you. As everyone else
        struggles, you're poised and full of grace. To what do we owe this
        stability? I suspect it has to do with the fact that life is showing you how
        to feel at home in the world no matter what's happening around you.
        Keep making yourself receptive to these teachings. Halloween costume
        suggestion: King or Queen of Relaxation.

        VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): Unification should be a key theme for you in
        the coming weeks. Anything you do that promotes splicing and blending
        and harmonizing will get extra help, sometimes from mysterious forces
        working behind the scenes. The more you work to find common ground
        between opposing sides, the stronger you'll feel and the better you'll
        look. If you can manage to mend schisms and heal wounds, unexpected
        luck will flow into your life. To encourage these developments, consider
        these Halloween disguises: a roll of tape, a stick of Krazy Glue, a wound
        that's healing, a bridge.

        LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): What do you think you'd be like if you were
        among the one-percent-wealthiest people on Earth? Would you demand
        that your government raise your taxes so you could contribute more to
        our collective well-being? Would you live simply and cheaply so you'd
        have more money to donate to charities and other worthy causes? This
        Halloween season, I suggest you play around with fantasies like that --
        maybe even masquerade as an incredibly rich philanthropist who doles out
        cash and gifts everywhere you go. At the very least, imagine what it
        would be like if you had everything you needed and felt so grateful you
        shared your abundance freely.