Turning year

  • aussiesoul2004
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2004
      Hi,
      Thank you Woodfieldbos for the last post. Lovely to wake up this
      morning and read it ..... things for us are slighty different in
      Perth at this time. We are still awaiting the coming of the rains.

      On the Anzac weekend I was speaking to a lady visiting from NSW about
      rain dancing. She had mentioned that she had heard of a group of
      women who had danced for the rains last year. I think it may have
      been Byron Bay way. Anyway I was wondering whether this group has
      any sort of ritual to ensure the plentiful winter rains we require to
      survive next summer.

      Here they have had sprinkler bans for a number of years, but are
      already talking of a total garden water ban for the whole of next
      summer. While this makes sense in an effort to conserve water, it
      will also mean that gardens will die. Bushland naturally is not
      watered by us, but many native gardens I am sure are helping to
      conserve what small amounts of bushlands we have in metropolitan
      areas. Birds at least are carrying seeds about, but without
      seed ..... well. Maybe this is not well thought out (after all it is
      still early! and I have not yet fully woken - haha).

      Anyway basically I am worrying about the rains, would love any
      information people may have on rituals to dance in plentiful rains
      for the coming winter.

      I would also like to hear what is happening in other parts of our
      beautiful country .... so everyone, please post what is happening
      where you are. I recently read one from Tasmania - which was lovely
      as it is my home state, but I have not been there for years. Brought
      back some lovely memories .... :)

      Thanks

      Free Spirit
    • Astarte Earthwise
      Message 2 of 2 , May 13, 2004
        Dear Free Spirit

        You are most welcome, sorry for the delay in responding, I have been having
        a busy time of late.

        Last September I was involved with 50 women in doing an aboriginal rain
        dance ritual in NSW, we spent 3 days preparing and getting it just right, as
        it is womens business it could not be discussed here, when you reach out
        into the aboriginal community where you are I am sure if it was right you
        would find someone who could take you under wing and introdruce you to an
        Elder that is willing to show you, or let you join in.

        I can tell you that at the time of ritual when I had personally released my
        personal power as part of the whole, I stood back at the edge of circle and
        looked to the sky, it was then a voice came on the wind to me that said
        Wednesday at dawn the rains will come. On Wednesday, at dawn sure enough it
        rained and continued for a few days *smile*, this was very powerful
        medicine.

        Warmth & Love
        Astarte Earthwise xXx