Spirit Stones

  • Astarte Earthwise
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3 5:52 AM

      Spirit Stones

      ABC1 Television, Thursday 9th July, 2009 at 9:30pm

      Spirit Stones is an exceptional film set in the southwest corner of Australia . On many occasions in the 1940s and 50s stones fell on Aboriginal (Noongar) camps. These 'showers' delivered stones in locations up to 250 kilometres apart, falling at various places for hours, sometimes days and even weeks and months.
      Landowners, Aboriginal farm labourers and inquisitive townsfolk were all witness to falling stones. Though these events stretched over many years not one person was ever hurt. Remarkably the stones were reported as coming through roofs and canvas tents without making holes. The stones varied in size. They were typological (from that area), sometimes they were warm and rolled after softly falling to the ground. Investigations at the time, including by police who graded the surrounding dirt to try and pick up tracks of potential pranksters, could not determine a cause.

      The film explores the memories of those who experienced these very strange events. Simultaneously we encounter cultural identity and untold history of the Noongar people. We structure a story that challenges our need for both logic and proof, increasing our affinity and appreciation of the acceptance of metaphysics in Indigenous cultural life. Noongar elders reflect on the social and environmental conditions in relationship to the falling stones. Through intimate storytelling the eyewitnesses reignite their memories of these sometimes scary events. Some say it was the "little people" who did it, some say it was an angry ghost. Today there is still no scientific explanation, but these events had a real impact on people.

      Wise & Blessed Be

      Astarte Earthwise xXx

      Astarte’s Home Page      Earthwise EbayStore    Earthwise Worldwide    Meet Up Group     Earthwise Australia

      If your heart is a volcano, how shall you expect flowers to bloom?