Re: Earth-3 Titans?

  • dont_waltz
    Message 1 of 483 , Jun 4, 2002
      A few months ago i had the Idea for the Teen Tyrants, as an evil
      Titans team.
      Of course i bet this would completely counter the continuality you
      all have created here

      My idea for Robin/Nightwing: (Since Owlman is an Anti-Batman, i
      figured he fits the role of a mad scientist. So obviously he would
      need test subjects.) When Owlman realized that he may need help to
      fight Gotham's police force, he went to a nearby circus and
      slaughtered a family of Acrobats. He dragged the youngest back to
      his base and began to mix human parts and puma body parts to create
      a deadly creature that would follow commands. His plan worked
      creating the First "Calico". Eventually Calico realized what Owlman
      had done to him, and left. He became a founding member of the Teen
      Tyrants.

      Kid Flash/Flash III: A drug addict, and theif, Wally West broke into
      Barry Allen's apartment oneday during a meeting of the Crime
      Syndicate. He stole an entire box of speed juice and eventually
      tried it out, thus giving him Super Speed. He followed Johnny Quick
      everywhere, torturing him about his true identity. When he heard
      about the gathering of superpowered teens, "Kid Quick" joined in an
      instant

      Speedy/Arsenal: Once an upperclass teenager, his parents were
      murdered by The Golden Blade(anti-green arrow). The Golden Blade
      decided to raise the orphan on his own. In the span of a Year, the
      orphan had mastered the arts of the dagger. But Golden Arrow raped
      and beat the child regularly, making him turn to alchohol. In the
      end he left GA to start a team of superpowered teens, the Teen
      Tyrants

      Wonder Girl/Troia: it would help if i knew anything about the
      regular DC Troia before i make an alternate version. Obviously she
      would be called Super Girl.

      Aquaboy/Tempest: Hydro-boy would be an Atlantean teenager, who came
      to amerika to terrorize the general Populas just for some laughs

      -Jamez
    • johnreiter902
      Message 483 of 483 , Jan 24
        What I love about this story is that the heroes still win. I think it makes the reversed universe so much more interesting then a simple "good is evil" universe, like the post-crisis CSA. As you read, you feel Earth-3 could be it's own comic book company. It also provides a fresh perspective on the villains vs. the heroes. It's not the powers or skills that make the heroes always win. For every hero, their is an equivalent villain type and vice versa.

        I remember one comic where Mirror Master found a way to see the alternate universe where heroes are villains, but they still use the same identities. I say how the heroic Mirror Master defeated the evil Flash and tried to use the same plan on the good Flash, but it didn't work. You get the same feeling here. It makes perfect sense for the Defender to defeat Dr. Chaos. But if it were their counterparts, we know that Dr. Fate would find some way to defeat Lex Luthor. Ultimatly, the heroes always have thew home court advantage.