Hello, club!

  • kristoff35
    Message 1 of 483 , Jan 25, 2001
      Cool, an Earth-3 club! I just had to join up. It
      was neat, too, when I went to put my Web Page in your
      "links" section, and found that it was already there! I
      guess I have some motivation now, to finish up the
      section on one of our favorite villain groups. (It's been
      on the back burner for, like, TOO long. It's front
      burner stuff, now!) Anyway, glad to be counted among
      y'all.
    • johnreiter902
      Message 483 of 483 , Jan 24
        What I love about this story is that the heroes still win. I think it makes the reversed universe so much more interesting then a simple "good is evil" universe, like the post-crisis CSA. As you read, you feel Earth-3 could be it's own comic book company. It also provides a fresh perspective on the villains vs. the heroes. It's not the powers or skills that make the heroes always win. For every hero, their is an equivalent villain type and vice versa.

        I remember one comic where Mirror Master found a way to see the alternate universe where heroes are villains, but they still use the same identities. I say how the heroic Mirror Master defeated the evil Flash and tried to use the same plan on the good Flash, but it didn't work. You get the same feeling here. It makes perfect sense for the Defender to defeat Dr. Chaos. But if it were their counterparts, we know that Dr. Fate would find some way to defeat Lex Luthor. Ultimatly, the heroes always have thew home court advantage.