Re: [Earth-3 Remembered] SSoSH HQ?

  • libbyblawrence
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 2, 2013
      Right. Luther doesn't want anyone to easily find him and his family especially not Ultra Man and company. I think I once wrote that Owlman once thought something like "I've known how to find him for a long time" but he didn't share this with anyone else nor did he actually try to do so.

    • ddswanson
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 2, 2013
        I've had the impression from the stories here that Owlman might not be quite as evil as the rest of the CSA, in fact that there might be some good somewhere inside him.

        Dan

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 2, 2013
          I agree. He has mulled over the possibility of defeating his team at some point.

          --- In Earth3Remembered@yahoogroups.com, "ddswanson" <ddswanson@...> wrote:

          > I've had the impression from the stories here that Owlman might not be quite as evil as the rest of the CSA, in fact that there might be some good somewhere inside him.
          >
          > Dan
          >
          > --- In Earth3Remembered@yahoogroups.com, "libbyblawrence" <lawrenceliberty@> wrote:
          > >

          > > Right. Luther doesn't want anyone to easily find him and his family especially not Ultra Man and company. I think I once wrote that Owlman once thought something like "I've known how to find him for a long time" but he didn't share this with anyone else nor did he actually try to do so.

        • vendikarr_dewuff
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 6, 2013
            Batman prepared protocols to defeat his team mates should they be mind controlled or turn evil. I would not be surprised if Owlman prepared for mind controlled team mates or if one of them went straight. It doesn't mean he's less evil, maybe he's even moreso.

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 7, 2013
              I wrote that he implanted mental blocks preventing Ultra Man from ever getting the idea to hunt up a lot of Kryptonite and thus gain a bunch of new powers. He also inhibited Quick from using his speed against him.

              --- In Earth3Remembered@yahoogroups.com, "vendikarr_dewuff" <Vendikarr@...> wrote:

              > Batman prepared protocols to defeat his team mates should they be mind controlled or turn evil. I would not be surprised if Owlman prepared for mind controlled team mates or if one of them went straight. It doesn't mean he's less evil, maybe he's even moreso.
              >
              > --- In Earth3Remembered@yahoogroups.com, "libbyblawrence" <lawrenceliberty@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I agree. He has mulled over the possibility of defeating his team at some point.
              > >
              > > --- In Earth3Remembered@yahoogroups.com, "ddswanson" <ddswanson@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I've had the impression from the stories here that Owlman might not be quite as evil as the rest of the CSA, in fact that there might be some good somewhere inside him.
              > > >
              > > > Dan

            • The Time Trust
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 7, 2013
                It's just too bad that Owlman's original costume wasn't very impressive. His whole face was unmasked, for one thing, though I tend to think he used his mental powers to keep anyone from seeing his true face.

                Does Owlman wear a mask now that he's more Batman-like and more of a physical character than before?

                --
                Cheers,
                Doc Quantum of The Time Trust

                www.5earths.info

                >________________________________

              • libbyblawrence
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 7, 2013
                  I agree. I'd like to think he now is more Batman-like as you said. Possibly, a mask or cowl that covers his upper face? By the way, I'd like to eventually do another times past tale set when he was out of shape due to reliance too much on mental powers and the others on his team.

                  --- In Earth3Remembered@yahoogroups.com, The Time Trust <the_time_trust_2000@...> wrote:

                  > It's just too bad that Owlman's original costume wasn't very impressive. His whole face was unmasked, for one thing, though I tend to think he used his mental powers to keep anyone from seeing his true face.
                  >
                  > Does Owlman wear a mask now that he's more Batman-like and more of a physical character than before?
                  >
                  > --
                  > Cheers,
                  > Doc Quantum of The Time Trust
                  >

                  > Read stories of your favorite DC Comics characters at the Five Earths Project!
                  > www.5earths.info
                  >

                  > >________________________________

                • Michael Norwitz
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
                    I don't think that degree of physical improvement is possible … I also note that he seems to have become considerably younger. I think we changed Owlmans just as we changed Johnny Quicks … the original was Thomas Wayne Snr and the new one is Thomas Wayne Jnr.
                  • Michael Norwitz
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
                        I think there might have been a Lazarus Pit involved. Not sure.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013
                          Yes, check out "Owlman: My Beginning and My Probable End" for the answer. Owlman was indeed revived shortly before the Crisis in the Earth-3 version of the Lazarus Pit (called the Waters of Rejuvenation) by the Earth-3 Ra's Al Ghul -- La Mano Aporta (the Open Hand).

                          Thomas Wayne Jr. appears in that story as well, but not as Owlman. He is the heroic Red Hood of Earth-3, an agent of the Open Hand.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 13, 2013
                            I really enjoyed that story...

                            Dan