Re: Crime Syndicate: Nightmare! 7

  • ddswanson
    Message 1 of 54 , Aug 2, 2011
      I was thinking we might see some interesting behavioral alterations, since Superwoman was now wearing the bands of Aphrodite, and Nubia wasn't, and Power Ring's power ring might be an evil influence, but you dealt with those. Maybe Green Lantern at least learned the weakness of Power Ring's ring - I would expect that asking it would be one of the first things he would do.

      I enjoyed this episode, Lib, thanks!

      --- In Earth3Remembered@yahoogroups.com, "libbyblawrence" <lawrenceliberty@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > Power Ring grunted in pain as the blunt end of a trick arrow struck his face. Fleur had covered in with a small yellow pouch! It had passed directly through the villain's emerald aura.
      >
      > Manhunter fired his own baton at the ground in front of Superwoman but she merely used Wonder Woman's bracelets to deflect. the flying rubble!
      >
      > Ultra Man was suddenly under attack as well as a TV van screeched to a halt below and a blond man in a gold and green costume flew upward.
      >
      > A pretty brown haired woman in designer glasses and a stylish business suit and heels climbed out with a camera crew and barked orders. "Keep those cameras trained on Ryan. This might be the best episode of Hero for Hire ever! Cannonball subdues a crazy Man of Steel!"
      >
      > Cannonball shook his head in annoyance. He liked fame and fortune but he was also sincere in his desire to help people. Having a TV crew follow him around and film his heroic adventures had made him rich and famous but he still felt disturbed by his producer's crass materialistic ways!
      >
      > "I've told Stephanie before that I don't want to capitalize on things like this. We both know that's either a fake or a sick Superman. If Superman was himself he'd never act that way. I won't let her ruin his good name for cheap publicity! Her own uncle Morgan Edge was probably in that damaged building. It looks like she would have a little sympathy!" he thought.
      >
      > "Take it easy, fellow! I'm here to help!" he said as he approached Ultra Man.
      >
      > Ultra man sneered with contempt and then slammed his palms together so that the shockwaves surged outward and threatened to knock Cannonball out of the sky!
      >
      > He managed to correct his flight path and he fired a red beam at Ultra Man! The villain grunted as the red sun ray weakened him!
      >
      > Cannonball followed up with a punch that staggered him for a moment as the red energy continued to sap his power.
      >
      > Before he resume his attack Cannonball was caught in a crushing grip. Ultra Man began to break through the hero's force field as the power required to maintain it began to drain out of his battle suit!
      >
      > "I'll break you in half!" vowed Ultra Man as he started to rip the armored suit apart. He was smiling as he saw Cannonball's painful expression!
      >
      > He drew back his fist for one final blow…. and then he and his allies found themselves back in the Dream Dimension!
      >
      > Cannonball plunged to the ground with a sickening impact. As his crew rushed forward to aid him he passed out.
      >
      > Stephanie Edge looked pale for once in her life.
      >
      > "I think he's dead! Superman killed him!" she shrieked.
      >
      > She watched as medics surrounded Ryan Chase and then she yelled to her employees.
      >
      > "You did get that on tape, right?" she asked.
      >
      > Ultra Man and the others were back in their own bodies and they were still lost in the void.
      >
      > They exchanged frustrated glances and Deadeye shrugged as he said, "A bad guy just can't get a break these days!"

    • The Time Trust
      Message 54 of 54 , Aug 11, 2011
        Yeah, I put that one on the back burner, but I still have my extensively detailed notes for it. The problem has always been too many ideas, not enough time, energy, or inspiration to write them all out. But I have been doing some writing in my notebook for that Green Lantern story on Earth-1 which I hope to type out once I get home. (I'm not back just yet; only taking a moment from my vacation to catch up on messages.)

        --
        Cheers,
        Doc Quantum of The Time Trust

        www.5earths.info