Re: Superboy: Delusions of Grandeur - Part II

  • Christian J
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
      Indeed.

      --- In Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com, "ddswanson" <ddswanson@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > >
      > > "Ma and Pa are dead?" Clark was taken completely by surprise by this revelation. Part of him was numb from this, he didn't want to accept it…another part of him was trying to figure out why this seemed so…surreal. His mind moved back along every one of his memories, of every adventure, every day…his super recall was perfect…he remembered every sensation, every scent, every voice. His memories couldn't be just a bunch of delusions that a fractured mind put together.
      > >
      > > "Yes," Doctor Samuels said after a long pause, "they were killed in a car accident that you were the only survivor of. Even your dog Skip was killed. You went to live with the Langs next door as you had no other family to take you in. And that was when your emotional problems started."
      > >
      > > "What do you mean by that?"
      > >
      > > "Well, Clark, you have always been in love with Lana Lang but she only viewed you as a good friend. She said to you once that the only way she would ever be interested in you would be if you had amazing powers and abilities like a character from out of the comic books that her younger brother Alvin read. So, you began writing stories of yourself as `Superboy' as a way to cope with everything that had happened. Your damaged psyche felt that if you had been a super-powered being, you could have saved your parents and your dog…that Lana would love you…over time your mind started to immerse itself too much into the delusion of Superboy…couple that with the brain damage you suffered in the car accident, which we only recently diagnosed, and the fact that you were the only survivor of the wreck, your mind started to believe that you really were this Superboy."
      > >
      > > "I don't remember any of this, Doctor Samuels."
      > >
      > > "That is understandable, Clark. You have a form of brain damage, which we had been able to break through in the last few days until you fell down the stairs and hit your head again. You have apparently regressed back to the point you were at when you were first admitted six months ago."
      > >
      > > Clark held his head, trying to collect himself. None of this was making any sense. His life as Superboy couldn't have all been a dream, a delusion. His head was starting to hurt as he held it, and it was at this moment that he started to hear it. Low at first, but as the moments ticked by, it got louder and louder. It was muffled slightly, as though Clark were hearing it through a plastic bag tied around his head, but he knew exactly what it was…the barking of a dog, and not just any dog…it was Krypto.
      > >
      > > Clark looked up to face Doctor Samuels. There was no hint on the psychiatrist's face that he had heard the noise as well, so Clark decided not to mention any of this until he knew who he could trust. Something odd was going on around here, and until he could figure out what it was that he was experiencing, no need to tip his hand. Ma and Pa raised him better than that after all.

    • Christian J
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
        Thanks, glad you liked it. More good stuff and a few twists and turns to come.

        Chris

        --- In Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com, Frank Murdock <bytor84@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > >> any sense. His life as Superboy couldn't have all been a dream, a
        > >> delusion. His head was starting to hurt as he held it, and it was at this
        > >> moment that he started to hear it. Low at first, but as the moments
        > >> ticked by, it got louder and louder. It was muffled slightly, as though
        > >> Clark were hearing it through a plastic bag tied around his head, but he
        > >> knew exactly what it was…the barking of a dog, and not just any dog…it was
        > >> Krypto.
        > >>
        > >> Clark looked up to face Doctor Samuels. There was no hint on the
        > >> psychiatrist's face that he had heard the noise as well, so Clark decided
        > >> not to mention any of this until he knew who he could trust. Something
        > >> odd was going on around here, and until he could figure out what it was
        > >> that he was experiencing, no need to tip his hand. Ma and Pa raised him

      • The Time Trust
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
          Good story. Looking forward to your continued use of Mighto and the Kryptonite Kid.

          I can't remember -- does Clark still retain his powers but just can't access them, or were they taken away somehow?

          --
          Cheers,
          Doc Quantum of The Time Trust

          www.5earths.info

        • Christian J
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 19, 2013
            Thanks, I'm glad you liked it, Doc. Mighto and the Kryptonite Kid WILL be playing an important part in the future of the Boy of Steel's adventures, so keep your eyes peeled.

            As far as Clark's power's, he does not have them where he is right now, and that is all I will say for right now. You just got to stay tuned for the next chapter.

            Chris