Re: The Legion of Doom: Showdown, Part 7

  • ddswanson
    Message 1 of 222 , Dec 1, 2012
      Good, SH, I was wondering how the bad guys were going to guarantee that they got the matchup they wanted.

      I wonder if the JLA might try some shape-changing or illusion tricks? J'onn J'onzz might pass for Hawkman, say - and Starman has the power to change his looks as well. I remember he once fooled Lex Luthor into thinking he as Superman.

      --- In Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com, starsky_hutch76 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Clark Kent found himself in a rare situation. Aunt Gerta was teaching a senior fitness class at the rec center and Kristin had taken Jasma to a Daisy Scout meeting. This meant for once he had the house to himself. It would be a couple of hours before he went on his usual patrol, so he could get in some valuable writing time on the new idea he had for a novel.
      >
      > He sat down to his typewriter and placed a stack of paper beside it in preparation. As soon as he brought his hands up to the keys, he heard a voice in his ear at a frequency only audible to him.
      >
      > "Superman," the darkly familiar voice said, "if you are hearing this … and I'm sure you are… then you are to follow these instructions to the letter. We have your friends, Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane. If you want to see them alive again, then you will meet us atop the Daily Planet building. You will bring the following Justice League members with you: Hawkman, Hawkwoman, and Starman. No more. No less. These instructions will be followed exactly, because … know this: My hands are on their necks even as I speak."
      >
      > A cold chill ran down his spine. He hadn't expected Super-menace to stay trapped forever, but he had hoped he had seen the last of him for at least a little while. But he was back, he wanted a rematch, and his friends were caught in the crossfire.

    • The Time Trust
      Message 222 of 222 , Oct 20, 2014
        Hello all,

        I've had to make a correction to this chapter. Batman Special #1, which takes place in June 26, 1983, makes it expressly clear that Thomas and Martha Wayne were killed exactly 25 years earlier in 1958, not 1959, as I had originally established in the timeline. Thusly, the Wrath has been "dead" for the last five years, not the last four years as stated in this story.

        This works out really well, since the current story's year of 1988 is the actual 30th anniversary of the deaths of both Thomas and Martha Wayne, and the parents of William Mallory, the boy who became the Wrath. I may add a few lines to make the most of this anniversary in the final version as well.

        Also, Bruce Wayne was established as being 8 years old at the time of his parents' deaths, which makes him born in 1950 -- the same year that Clark Kent was born. In fact, they're only a few days apart, since both were born in February, with Bruce a few days older. I like this a lot better than having Bruce be a year younger, since a couple of Superboy stories have already established that Bruce and Clark are in the same grade at school. It makes sense that they'd be the same age as well.

        Anyway, I'll correct this by the time I archive it on www.5earths.info.

        --
        Cheers,
        Doc Quantum of The Time Trust