RE: [Earth-1 After the Crisis] Superboy: Through the Looking Glass - Part XVII

  • Frank G. Murdock
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 1, 2012
      I must have missed a chapter somewhere, but regardless -- good stuff. Can't
      wait to read it in its entirity. :)

      /FM

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 1, 2012
        Very nice. Stupidhead bad guys!

        --- In Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com, "Christian J" <manomight1974@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >
        > Zenith nodded back in response and began flying at the Boy of Steel from the opposite direction of Marsboy. Superboy had to time this just right for it to work, plus, he was hoping on both of them being, well, stupid.
        >
        > A fraction of a second before the two super thugs would have crashed into him, Superboy negated his power of flight and dropped back down to the sand. As he plummeted to the ground, the Boy of Steel watched as the two super-criminals collided with each other at such tremendous speed and force, that they knocked each other unconscious. The two super-crooks collided with each other with such force that Superboy could almost have sworn that he heard a loud "Bong" sound as they hit.
        >
        > "Works every time," he said looking over at Dav-Im, smiling. "Two down, eight more to go."

      • Christian J
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 1, 2012
          Glad you liked it, Dave. The next chapter is gonna rock.

          Chris

          --- In Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com, dave barnowski <onlydavb@...> wrote:

          > So far so good
          > Dave

        • Christian J
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 1, 2012
            Glad you liked it. I figured that we needed to have a little bit of closure for the Chief here, plus I have always liked it when the bad guys get what is coming to them. As far as the action sequences, I wanted to showcase how smart Superboy is when it comes to his fighting style by letting the bad guys do all the work for him.

            Chris

            --- In Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com, starsky_hutch76 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > >
            > > Zenith nodded back in response and began flying at the Boy of Steel from the opposite direction of Marsboy. Superboy had to time this just right for it to work, plus, he was hoping on both of them being, well, stupid.
            > >
            > > A fraction of a second before the two super thugs would have crashed into him, Superboy negated his power of flight and dropped back down to the sand. As he plummeted to the ground, the Boy of Steel watched as the two super-criminals collided with each other at such tremendous speed and force, that they knocked each other unconscious. The two super-crooks collided with each other with such force that Superboy could almost have sworn that he heard a loud "Bong" sound as they hit.
            > >
            > > "Works every time," he said looking over at Dav-Im, smiling. "Two down, eight more to go."

          • Christian J
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 1, 2012
              I don't think you've missed anything, Frank, but once it is finished, I will send you the completed story so that you can catch yourself up. Glad you liked it though. I always worry about what you guys think, since next to myself, you guys are my toughest critics.

              Chris

              --- In Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com, "Frank G. Murdock" <bytor84@...> wrote:

              > I must have missed a chapter somewhere, but regardless -- good stuff. Can't
              > wait to read it in its entirity. :)
              >

              > /FM

            • Christian J
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 1, 2012
                Glad you liked it, Dan. We are now coming up on the last couple of chapters so it is really going to heat up, and we will see just how awfully stupid and/or cowardly some of these villains really are.

                Chris

                --- In Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com, "ddswanson" <ddswanson@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > >
                > > Zenith nodded back in response and began flying at the Boy of Steel from the opposite direction of Marsboy. Superboy had to time this just right for it to work, plus, he was hoping on both of them being, well, stupid.
                > >
                > > A fraction of a second before the two super thugs would have crashed into him, Superboy negated his power of flight and dropped back down to the sand. As he plummeted to the ground, the Boy of Steel watched as the two super-criminals collided with each other at such tremendous speed and force, that they knocked each other unconscious. The two super-crooks collided with each other with such force that Superboy could almost have sworn that he heard a loud "Bong" sound as they hit.
                > >
                > > "Works every time," he said looking over at Dav-Im, smiling. "Two down, eight more to go."

              • The Time Trust
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 2, 2012
                  Great chapter. I like how Jules Luthor has coordinated his arrest of Boss Parker with the battle currently taking place.

                  I was a bit concerned about Marsboy existing on Earth-1 -- since, as people have noted, his existence likely contradicts that of J'onn J'onzz the Martian Manhunter, and Marsboy's adventures are likely more appropriate for "Earth-B," that world where out-of-continuity stories take place. I still think Marsboy belongs on Earth-B, especially since one of his adventures ("Lana Lang's Romance on Mars") was rewritten into the story that introduces Star Boy, thus making that Marsboy out of continuity. But I do think it's possible that Marsboy of Earth-B crossed over from his dimension and met Superboy of Earth-1 in an unchronicled adventure or two. In fact, I've been hoping to bring back Marsboy after his own parallel universe of Earth-B was destroyed in the Crisis, except not on Earth-1 but on Earth-2, where he can meet the transplanted Superboy of Earth-Prime. And since he was also pulled from Earth-B's past rather than the present, he would still be a
                  teenager.

                  Anyway, I'm glad you mentioned him, because it opens up the possibility that Marsboy of Earth-B did meet Superboy of Earth-1 at some point in the past.

                  --
                  Cheers,
                  Doc Quantum of The Time Trust

                  www.5earths.info

                • Christian J
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 2, 2012
                    Doc, I do agree with your logic here, but I will have to disagree with your conclusions. Marsboy's existence does NOT contradict that of J'onn J'onzz, as Marsboy's people were not native to Mars. They were transplants from Atlantis, and could likely have still existed on another area of Mars and never come into contact with the Green or White races of Mars, thus keeping continuity for Earth-1 intact. Using this logic, it is conceivable that Superboy of Earth-1 did in fact meet Marsboy and his people without ever meeting J'onn J'onzz and his people. This is one of the reasons why I used Marsboy. Also, the similarity between the two storis of Marsboy and Star Boy can be worked around using the idea that Lana, falling into old habits, was trying to get Superboy jealous, and may not have worked when she tried using the ploy with Marsboy, she could conceivably have tried the same plan again when Star Boy appeared...as the old adage goes, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."

                    Chris

                    --- In Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com, The Time Trust <the_time_trust_2000@...> wrote:

                    > Great chapter. I like how Jules Luthor has coordinated his arrest of Boss Parker with the battle currently taking place.
                    >
                    > I was a bit concerned about Marsboy existing on Earth-1 -- since, as people have noted, his existence likely contradicts that of J'onn J'onzz the Martian Manhunter, and Marsboy's adventures are likely more appropriate for "Earth-B," that world where out-of-continuity stories take place. I still think Marsboy belongs on Earth-B, especially since one of his adventures ("Lana Lang's Romance on Mars") was rewritten into the story that introduces Star Boy, thus making that Marsboy out of continuity. But I do think it's possible that Marsboy of Earth-B crossed over from his dimension and met Superboy of Earth-1 in an unchronicled adventure or two. In fact, I've been hoping to bring back Marsboy after his own parallel universe of Earth-B was destroyed in the Crisis, except not on Earth-1 but on Earth-2, where he can meet the transplanted Superboy of Earth-Prime. And since he was also pulled from Earth-B's past rather than the present, he would still be a
                    > teenager.
                    >
                    > Anyway, I'm glad you mentioned him, because it opens up the possibility that Marsboy of Earth-B did meet Superboy of Earth-1 at some point in the past.
                    >

                    > --
                    > Cheers,
                    > Doc Quantum of The Time Trust
                    >

                    > Read stories of your favorite DC Comics characters at the Five Earths Project!
                    > www.5earths.info
                    >

                    > >________________________________

                  • ddswanson
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 2, 2012
                      Mars, having no oceans, has approximately the same land area as the Earth. Mars has a long history of violence, I think - maybe the Atlantis colony was planted in the middle of a remote region, surrounded by land that had been rendered uninhabitable to Martians in some ancient war?

                      BTW, Power Boy of Juno, who Superman met when he was Superboy, was also a survivor of Atlantis.

                      In the Earth 2 universe, there is a small planet called Uuz in the Oort cloud around Earth's sun that is populated by humans who are probably descended from survivors of Atlantis. These survivors originally settled on a moon of Jupiter, which was somehow ripped from Jupiter orbit and thrown much farther away from the sun.

                      Perhaps the Atlanteans who colonized Mars in the E1 universe are the E1 analog of the Atlanteans who colonized Uuz in the E2 universe, and the fact that one group went to Mars and the other to Jupiter is due to the minor differences between the two universes?

                    • Christian J
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 2, 2012
                        Excellent points, Dan. This is exactly what I was saying.

                      • The Time Trust
                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 2, 2012
                          Very interesting. I hadn't thought about it in precisely that way, but it would be a lot easier to bring back Marsboy if he was actually from Earth-1's universe.

                          --

                        • Christian J
                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 3, 2012
                            Well, I've already laid the groundwork for his return...now it is up to you, Doc.