RE: [Earth-1 After the Crisis] The Titan From Times Past (Epilogue)

  • Frank G. Murdock
    Message 1 of 54 , Jul 1, 2012
      Interesting.

      Applause.

      /FM

      From: Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of harveykent
      Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 9:14 PM
      To: Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Earth-1 After the Crisis] The Titan From Times Past (Epilogue)

      A little while later, the adult heroes had been freed, and Kanjar Ro
      returned to the prison planet from which he had escaped. The Justice League
      and Teen Titans were gathered on the JLA satellite.

      "Thanks again for having our backs, youngsters," Flash said. "It's always
      comforting to know we can count on you in a crisis!"

      "We had the best teachers," Kid Flash replied.

      "Okay, Robin, spill the beans," Speedy said. "How in the world did you get a
      message to Superboy in the past?"

      "I'm wondering about that myself," Superman said with a wry smile.

      "Huh?" Elongated Man said. "I don't get it! Aren't you Superboy? I mean,
      weren't you? Don't you remember?"

      "I don't remember a thing about it," Superman said. "I used to use a
      hypnosis machine on myself, to make myself forget any vital knowledge about
      the future I may have learned in my time travels. I guess I used it this
      time."

      "Well," Robin said, "the fact is, I didn't get a message to Superboy in the
      past; but in the future."

      "Come again?" Green Arrow said, raising an eyebrow.

      "Of course!" Aqualad said. "When Superman was Superboy, he often traveled to
      the far future, to join a group of young heroes there! The League of
      Super-Heroes, I think!"

      "Legion," Batman and Flash said simultaneously.

      "Wait," Speedy said, the clouds starting to part. "You mean--"

      Giving no response in words, Robin walked to the still-closed door of the
      communications center. The other heroes followed him. The door slid silently
      open, and Robin entered. The other heroes saw a metal cylinder, roughly the
      size of a fire extinguisher, resting on a tabletop. Inscribed on the
      cylinder were the words: TO BE OPENED BY THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES IN THE
      YEAR 2975. Beneath it were strange characters that some of the heroes
      present recognized as the same message in Interlac.

      "Well, I'll be," Green Lantern said, smiling.

      "I recorded a message for help, and sealed it in this time capsule," Robin
      said.

      "And a thousand years from now," Kid Flash said, "Superboy will received it
      in the future, and come back to the present and help us stop Kanjar Ro!"

      "I think I know just the place to stash this capsule," Superman said, "to be
      assured that it will be found at the proper time."

      "Excellent strategy, Robin," Batman said, a touch of pride in his voice.
      "Most excellent."

      "Wally said it best, Batman," Robin said. "I had the best teacher."

    • Drivtaan
      Message 54 of 54 , Dec 22, 2012
        A fantastic ending to a fantastic story. an, I really need to keep up on my reading if I'm mising gems like this.

        Lee