[Earth-1 After the Crisis] Re: Wanderers: The Vault

  • mcmaenza
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
      --- In Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com, Drivtaan <drivtaan@...>
      wrote:

      > I know what you mean. Between Libby, Martin, and Brian, the 30th
      century is certainly an inviting place to write.

      That was something that was very appealing about doing LSH-related
      tales - there was really a whole universe to work with. The cast of
      just the main team is large enough that you get a lot of variety in one
      package.

      Martin
    • Dan Swanson
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 4, 2008
        It occurred to me while reading 'The Vault' that that bird shape
        changing guy, Ornicopter or whatever he calls himself, is missing an
        edge. He can change to a Kryptonian Winged Beast once a day which
        gives him all Superman's powers, but then he says, once he
        relinquishes that form, he can't go back to it for a day, so he can't
        have Kryptonian powers for the rest of the day. But he also says he
        can change to any bird form. So, what's wrong with taking the form of
        a Nightwing or a Flamebird? I'm sure there are even more types of
        Kryptonian birds - and he hasn't even started on Daxam's birds...

        Dan

        --- In Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com, mcmaenza <no_reply@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com, Drivtaan <drivtaan@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I know what you mean. Between Libby, Martin, and Brian, the 30th
        > century is certainly an inviting place to write.
        > >

        > That was something that was very appealing about doing LSH-related
        > tales - there was really a whole universe to work with. The cast of
        > just the main team is large enough that you get a lot of variety in one
        > package.
        >
        > Martin

      • Drivtaan
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 5, 2008
          Interesting idea. I'll have to remember that in case I do a Wanderers story.

          Lee

        • immortalwildcat
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 6, 2008
            --- In Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Swanson"
            <ddswanson@...> wrote:

            > It occurred to me while reading 'The Vault' that that bird shape
            > changing guy, Ornicopter or whatever he calls himself, is missing an
            > edge. He can change to a Kryptonian Winged Beast once a day which
            > gives him all Superman's powers, but then he says, once he
            > relinquishes that form, he can't go back to it for a day, so he can't
            > have Kryptonian powers for the rest of the day. But he also says he
            > can change to any bird form. So, what's wrong with taking the form of
            > a Nightwing or a Flamebird? I'm sure there are even more types of
            > Kryptonian birds - and he hasn't even started on Daxam's birds...

            In order to keep him from becoming too overwhelming in his powers, he
            might be able to take the form of a Kryptonian bird only once a day
            because of the stress on his body.

            da 'Cat!