Re: Lost and found: A set of discoveries for the record books…

  • libbylawrence
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
      Right, one use of it occurred in a very fun Superman Vs Amazon story.

      I'd sure like to see Dc reprint some classic 70's-80's Superman stories
      in tpbs.

      The Amazo story, the story where the Phantom Zone villains manipulate
      an old man, the one where Superman's powers seem to reside in his
      costume and he tries life as just Clark, and the Karb-Bark stories are
      good examples. All ran about 4 issues each and would made nice
      collections.
    • mcmaenza
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
        Starsky, didn't you also mention the Supermobile (might have even used
        it) in your INVASION 87 tie-in where Superman battled Lobo?
      • christine nightstar
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
          --- In Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com, libbylawrence
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > Right, one use of it occurred in a very fun Superman Vs Amazon story.
          >
          > I'd sure like to see Dc reprint some classic 70's-80's Superman
          stories
          > in tpbs.
          >
          > The Amazo story, the story where the Phantom Zone villains manipulate
          > an old man, the one where Superman's powers seem to reside in his
          > costume and he tries life as just Clark, and the Karb-Bark stories
          are
          > good examples. All ran about 4 issues each and would made nice
          > collections.

          You better tell me what the effects are before I change things around
          because the stuff I made doesnt sound like they do the same things....
          I thought Black wasn't used before thats why I used it...

          Chrissie
        • Tom Mathews
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
            christine nightstar wrote:

            >--- In Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com, libbylawrence
            ><no_reply@y...> wrote:
            >

            >>Right, one use of it occurred in a very fun Superman Vs Amazon story.
            >>
            >>I'd sure like to see Dc reprint some classic 70's-80's Superman
            >>

            >stories
            >

            >>in tpbs.
            >>
            >>The Amazo story, the story where the Phantom Zone villains manipulate
            >>an old man, the one where Superman's powers seem to reside in his
            >>costume and he tries life as just Clark, and the Karb-Bark stories
            >>

            >are
            >

            >>good examples. All ran about 4 issues each and would made nice
            >>collections.
            >>

            >You better tell me what the effects are before I change things around
            >because the stuff I made doesnt sound like they do the same things....
            >I thought Black wasn't used before thats why I used it...

            <DELURK> They are talking about the Supermobile, not Black K. The Five
            Earths Project used the Supermobile during the story Crisis on Rokyn.

            As to the K's that have been used throughout DC history
            Green
            Variations of Green K:: Normal , Anti-K(affects only powerless
            Kryptonians), Magno(sticks to anything from Krypton), Plus(acts twice as
            fast), X(weakens a Kryptonain, but gives kryptonain like powers to
            Earth beings. Two forms of this: The variation that effected Streaky is
            eventually permanent. The others don't have that effect. BTW where is
            Kara's cat? :) )
            Red
            Variations of Red K: Standard Random Mutation, Original acted like
            Green K
            White-Plant killer
            Gold-Steals all powers. Created by exposing Green K to an explosive
            nuclear reaction(example an atom-bomb)
            Jewel-increases mental powers. Used only by the Phantom Zone criminals
            Yellow-makes Superman robots go nuts.(artificialy created by Luthor and
            was false anyway)
            Silver(hoax)
            Blue-In on episode of Superfriends, Blue K was used to counteract the
            effect of Red K on Superman

            Post Crisis addition to a Pre-Crisis world:
            Pink

            Colors unused:
            Black, Brown, Grey, Purple(Indigo/Violet if you want to Roy G Biv),
            Orange, Copper, Peach

            I've always wonder what would happen if you pointed a Bizaro Ray at a
            piece of Kryptonite that wasn't a standard chunk of Green K

            I'm going back to lurking.

            <LURK>

          • starsky_hutch76
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
              --- In Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com, mcmaenza <no_reply@y...>
              wrote:

              > Starsky, didn't you also mention the Supermobile (might have even
              used
              > it) in your INVASION 87 tie-in where Superman battled Lobo?

              It was just after the fight with Lobo in the Invasion tie-in tale
              where an injured Superman uses it to answer a distress call from
              Rokkyn. "Superman: Rokkyn Attacked!"

              http://www.the5earths1.50megs.com/earth-1/1987/superman1987-05.htm