JLA: When Comes the Conqueror! TP June 83

  • libbylawrence
    Message 1 of 38 , Dec 1, 2003
      Two men, separated by geographical distance and opposing ideologies,
      each waited within their own hidden bases. The first man was calm and
      while his eyes displayed palpable emotions for the most part, he
      could be said to be sorrowful and self-contained in his feelings. The
      other man paced and restlessly shouted although he was alone.

      The man in an African cavern carved beneath a vast mountainside which
      displayed a huge depiction of the occupant's features contorted in
      anger, was known by many names; however, he now used the colorful Dr.
      Mist as his given name. He was a handsome black man with a regal
      manner and a costume of green and red and gold. He had a beard and
      his features were attractive if given to a brooding demeanor.

      He gazed into a fire and shook his head in concern and regret.

      "And so it begins once more! I have lived for eons and yet I still
      marvel at the pettiness of man! I have no cause to hold myself aloof
      from such scorn since I have been all too selfish and cruel in my own
      time; however, the passing of the ages has sparked hope within me
      that would fain to match the illuminating glow of the Spirit of Life.
      This has led me to ever hope that others who have traversed the ages
      and journeyed for as long or nearly as long as I have, might also be
      above the baser emotions of hatred, greed, and the tools of violence
      and revenge."

      Dr. Mist stared into the flickering fires and said, "And yet, again I
      see one who could be called an Immortal or an Elder falling to the
      fulfillment of the most ruthless and benighted of desires! My own
      power has seduced me to the edges of humanity and I have not waged a
      war within my own heart to lose the ground I have gained through
      restraint and moderation. Thus, I will not oppose this foolish being
      myself. I will merely summon agents from around the globe to act in
      my stead!"

      He prepared to act upon his resolution within the hidden caverns that
      once dominated the ancient and forgotten Empire of Kor- an empire
      created in his own image and ruled by him for far too long.

      Elsewhere, the other man opened and closed his fists and ranted and
      raved as he paced his own narrow place of confinement. This was in
      turn one of the things that separated Dr. Mist from the man in
      question. While Dr. Mist's home was clearly a sanctuary, the barren
      caverns in which the white man walked acted as a tomb or prison or
      place of total
      confinement.

      "I have survived the ages in this foul crypt of my own devising. I
      have outlived all my loved ones and all my enemies. I alone survive
      and now I stir with emotions that threaten to consume me where the
      noxious death that claimed my race failed to touch me! My people are
      no more and those who were conquered by death have only me to avenge
      them. They cry out to me from beyond the veil and I respond with rage
      and passion and pain! While my race may be forgotten as merely one
      more conquered sect, I shall claim the name of the Conqueror and I
      will achieve the complete and total domination of the weak and
      mewling masses that followed the destruction of my people to steal
      their own place of prominence. I will enslave the human race or I
      will slay them all. From out of this dusty grave shall emerge a
      colossus to crush mankind and teach humans the futility of their
      gross ambition and pride."

      He wore a blue tunic and gleaming wrist bands along with a heavy
      medallion. His helmet was equally crested with jewels and his
      ornately styled beard was threaded through with other small gems.

      As he looked around the cavern and his gaze lingered on certain
      shadowy devices, he smiled and began to act on his own dark and
      foreboding resolve!
    • libbylawrence
      Message 38 of 38 , Dec 6, 2003
        Thanks very much. It is always fun to use seldom seen types.