Re: Superman: A Fist Full of Shadows (pt5)

  • mcmaenza
    Message 1 of 36 , Jul 1, 2003
      Starksy, nice chapter! I love how all those elements come together
      to create a very visual chapter. I'm enjoying this serial
      (spaghetti western? <grin>) a lot!

      Martin
    • mcmaenza
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 5, 2003
        --- In Earth1AftertheCrisis@yahoogroups.com, jon_clark_19115
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > You know there ought to be a website where "fresh talent" could
        show
        > DC how it should have been done <g>

        Jon, sadly, DC is not interested in locating new writers. It
        appears that the only way you write for DC these days is that you
        know somebody in the biz or you're some kind of established writer
        already (novelist, film writer, etc.). Even at the San Diego
        ComicCon (which is next week), the only type of reviews they do are
        artist portfolio reviews (and that is by scheduled appointment
        only). New writers don't get a chance to show their stuff. Worse
        yet - the comic editors/writers don't want to read unsolicited
        scripts for fear that should they get a similar idea to one that was
        seen, they would get accused (and possibly sued) for ripping an idea
        off.

        Ah well - I guess we all just need to toil away for fun.

        Martin