20451Re: [Earth-1 After the Crisis] Tales of the Unexpected: The Librarian

  • The Time Trust
    Oct 29, 2013
      I also wanted to mention that this is a creative use of a central idea that the story follows to its inevitable end. A lot of the best creepy stories follow this path.

      I may be reading this wrong, but you might have created an unreliable narrator as well. You could read this story in more ways than one. On the one hand, he could be telling us the absolute truth about what happens to his victims. On the other, it could be the insane ramblings of a man whose anger at unruly library patrons has caused him to have visions of his victims being sent into the pages of fiction, even if that doesn't really happen. It's up to every reader to decide how they want to read it, and that's part of what makes it such an excellent short story.

      --
      Cheers,
      Doc Quantum of The Time Trust

      www.5earths.info