1149Re: Milesian fake ?

  • daniel
    Feb 9, 2011
      --- In EarlyElectrumCoinage@yahoogroups.com, LluĂ­s Mendieta <lmendi@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Daniel
      >

      > I only can be thankful for the photos you placed.
      >
      > As you say, mine is just an opinion.

      It was a pleasure. I'll take more pics inside the incuse in order to see better. Searching on http://www.acsearch.info/ (ie try searching Rosen 275) you will see a lot of other coins like this one.
      And you can see roughness on reverse incuse.

      > For the Turks: well, it goes to Unidroit. The wording in Forvm states a date of discovery/unearthing that is later than Unidroit, so, Turks could ask for it. It is not a fixing, just a thing that I could not understand. You said that date is far before the stated one. But I have not seen any fixing of date said in Forvm.
      >
      > No blame at you, you are bonafide: as you say, buying in an official, worldwide visible auction, and even more, publishing good quality photos.

      I think that an auction house or a professional seller would pay attention at legal provenance. Yes it's true that there are someone who is not professional...

      > I personally am very thankful to you
      >
      > Daniel, please, in no way I am suggesting that you should do the tests. That cost money.

      If I can I like to make some test in order to share.

      Best Regards

      DR
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic