1146Re: [EarlyElectrumCoinage] Re: Milesian fake ?

  • Lluís Mendieta
    Feb 8 1:41 PM
      Good afternoon, Daniel, Merrill, Listizens

      First, my gretings to Merrill: I could not imagine the real photos from those lousy photos.

      But, I see with those great photos (thanks, Daniel), things that in my mind set point to the fakes that was said in reporting that hoard or as anyones likes to call it.

      First: there are bumps in quincux. Not from a struck coin. Maybe from a cast.
      Also, if you look at first photo placed in Forvm by Daniel, curiously the low left circle "continues" beyond the rim.
      Well, if anyone knows how that could be done by stricking, I would be very gratefull.

      All in all, I continue with my caveats: maybe legit, then Turks would be interested in.
      Maybe fake, so, no interest from Turks. And what I see, points to the caveats that Daniel posted: that was a suspected fake hoard.

      As I said, a Gold dating, and finito.

      With best wishes

      Lluís