1137Re: [EarlyElectrumCoinage] Re: Milesian fake ?

  • Lluís Mendieta
    Jan 27, 2011
      Hi, Daniel

      <Yes I've read this note too, so I was wondering WHY someone has doubted, on which basis ? When you have a <doubt you explain why (like Sermarini on FAC about my coin).

      Sometimes could be that there is something in style that does not fit.
      Soemtimes brain integres a lot of data that are difficult to explain.
      But I agree with yoy that to express a doubt and add why you doubt is a great help.
      The quasi quincux maybe is the reason of the doubt, but that is my guess

      In the coin in question, what I see are the smalls beads that are or from a rusted die or from a cast (transference errors). Apart of what Mr. Sermarini said.

      Well, for the test, as far as I know, Dr. Pernicka do it
      He is at University Tübingen
      http://uni-tuebingen.academia.edu/ErnstPernicka

      The method is well known in geoscience.

      Thanks for sharing the fotos when you can.

      Well, my congrats for the piece.
      It is a piece that I would like also to see in hand to analyze.
      And of course, I am sure that a lot would be learnt from the talk.

      With best wishes

      Lluís