1136Re: Milesian fake ?

  • daniel
    Jan 27, 2011
      --- In EarlyElectrumCoinage@yahoogroups.com, Lluís Mendieta <lmendi@...> wrote:

      > Good morning, Daniel
      >
      > Thanks for clarification.
      > If the coin belongs not to the mentioned hoard, then, nothing to say about Unidroit.
      > But I understood that from the wording
      >
      > "This type was part of a hoard found in western Asia Minor in the 1990s and which would have contained at least 29 electrum coins of Miletus. Several coins have been proposed in the international market. Someone has doubted about authenticity. The treasure is published in Coins Hoards (CH. VIII, 2, p. 1, pl. 1, n° 5-33). "
      >
      > Sorry.

      Yes I've read this note too, so I was wondering WHY someone has doubted, on which basis ? When you have a doubt you explain why (like Sermarini on FAC about my coin).

      > On the other hand, the datation requieres to take a small sample (I think is a cubic mm), and of course, it takes more than a few hours to do..

      Yes, but I don't know where to make this test here. I've asked to some scolar to see if it's possible.

      > May you be so kind also to share the photos you would take?

      Yes, I will share with pleasure.

      All this for a bid that I've done without a real intention to buy...
      and my bid was "less than the seller's reserve price" (as written in the email confirmation).
      Well, I hope that this will be an usefull discussion about electrum coins at least.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic