Intro

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2010
      A few SCA oldtimers may remeber me, I was Helmut of Greenland, once granted a laurel for smithing and a practising smith for the last thirty years. I have been keeping in touch with the Sca with the intent of getting involved again in the near future. I am always interested in learning more about my trade and open discussion between interested people is one of the best ways to add to your knowledge.
      Helmut
    • Helmut's Forge
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6 5:57 PM
        It occurred to me that most of you do not know me, so here goes. Master Helmut of Greenland, I received my Laurel for blacksmithing almost two decades ago here in Ealdormere. Actually while we were still only a barony. I have worked on and off as blacksmith for more than 35 years. Traditionally trained by a German Master Smith, I have lately specialized in 1800's ironwork, both primitive and Victorian. Presently I am am working with  several museums to keep their smithy's working, holding one day classes on basic blacksmithing and interpretation for museum people and others. As well as supplying iron and knife work to the 1812 and Civil War reenacters and Pagan community.As much as I would like to be more involved my business occupies most weekends of the year, so this list is as close as I can come to being active in the SCA.