A New Year - A New Start (hopefully)

  • samfalzone
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2013
      Happy New Year everyone.

      I know that I have been largely absent from this list for a long time but the past few years have been difficult. I've been dealing with life changes and deep depression and have not been very active in any of my crafts for the past 2 years (at least). I'm hoping to change that.

      I've slowly been dragging myself out of the depths of depression, trying to kick-start living again. So far my biggest success has been completing the set up of my stained-glass work bench at home - I even made 2 quick stained glass ornaments for the season. Next on the list is my silver workbench which is mostly complete. Still to come are my woodworking bench and finally my blacksmith shop in my back shed.

      I'm finally starting to pick up some momentum and things are finally happening - I'm taking this as a good sign. I'm looking forward to getting my silver-bench operational. I want to get back into doing some jewelery in silver and copper and even bronze. I picked up some sheet bronze at Pennsic this year and I'm looking forward to playing with it.

      The big project will be my smithy. It has sat untouched for too long - it now needs a new roof, but once the shop is complete and operational, I've decided to commemorate the event and and major turning point in my life with a tattoo of my shop logo - but that is still to come.

      I want to get more active on this list again. I want to share new projects and hear about your new projects, see your pictures and have some good discussions about topics and ideas. I think it would be great if we eventually became an official Kingdom Guild like the Games Guild. I would love to do a Guild project for the Kingdom some day.

      Well, that's it for me for now. I'm hoping to post again soon with more good news.
      Happy New Year to everyone.
      All the best of Luck, Health and Prosperity in the coming year.
      Valdr / Sam