Hammer In

  • Helmut's Forge
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2011
      Greetings One and All
       Upon the weekend of May 11 to 13 a Hammer In will be taking place at Otterville Museum, just 20 minutes south of Woodstock Ontario.
       This will be a timeline event, in other words, one that spans historical periods from early to modern. We are hoping to attract smiths from a number of periods to demonstrate and hold workshops on blacksmithing in their chosen historical period. So far we have forges from, 1790's British Military, a portable charcoal forge, 1880's stationary coal forge, 2 1880's portable farm forges, and a modern gas forge. We hope to add forges from earlier periods as well. Dress, camp and forge in your period, exchange knowledge, swap/sell tools.
      As it is a public site, we must be open to the public but they will be be resricted to a demonstration area. A merchants area will be setup for those who wish to vend as well.

      More details will follow as they are settled
    • Aurik
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 12, 2011
        That sounds like a great event! I'd certainly be interested in checking out the 1790-1880 era forges. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get down there, but if so I'll bring along my 1956 Canadian made, military CB&F portable.

        Aurik