Intro

  • Helmut's Forge
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2011
      It occurred to me that most of you do not know me, so here goes. Master Helmut of Greenland, I received my Laurel for blacksmithing almost two decades ago here in Ealdormere. Actually while we were still only a barony. I have worked on and off as blacksmith for more than 35 years. Traditionally trained by a German Master Smith, I have lately specialized in 1800's ironwork, both primitive and Victorian. Presently I am am working with  several museums to keep their smithy's working, holding one day classes on basic blacksmithing and interpretation for museum people and others. As well as supplying iron and knife work to the 1812 and Civil War reenacters and Pagan community.As much as I would like to be more involved my business occupies most weekends of the year, so this list is as close as I can come to being active in the SCA.