159Re: [EaldormereBlacksmithguild] Re: A matter of grave importance.

  • Henrietta Verwey
    Feb 11, 2012
      I can help with that :)

      Thora

      On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Aurik <rockforge@...> wrote:

      I'll be there! It'll be nice to fire up my military portable for the season, although I'll have to source out some coal beforehand.

      Aurik

      --- In EaldormereBlacksmithguild@yahoogroups.com, Peter Cadoret <yearningmice@...> wrote:

      > The fighters struggle to shake the doldrums of winter and resume training
      > in Greyfel <http://www.ealdormere.ca/greyfells/>'s by *Breaking the Back of
      > Winter* on the borders of AEthelmearc and the East Kingdom. Meanwhile the

      > subtle politics of the aristocracy creates new tensions and many a duel
      > breaks out in what is to become known again as the *Border Spat*. The

      > reclamation of honor on the fencing list field is hard won. Will it be
      > enough?
      >
      > We in the Canton of Harrowgate Heath fear that the drums of war are
      > beating. The marching is already started.The outcome of the border spat
      > irrelevant. A *Summer Siege* <http://SummerSiege.weebly.com/> all but

      > inevitable. We call upon the Blacksmith's Guild of Ealdormere to come to
      > our aid. Our small outpost will become the focus for our, and our allies
      > armies. Blacksmiths are require to create and repair the tools and weapons
      > of war.
      >
      > Okay, okay, enough story telling. Mundanely, this all means:
      >
      > We are in the early planning for Summer Siege(June 23, 2012) and have a
      > great outdoor site that is just begging to have a lot of hot steel pounded!
      > We were hoping that with enough lead time the Blacksmith Guild would like
      > to set up a demo(or two) at our event.
      >
      > The site is located at the Chesterville Farmer's Market so you'll get to
      > show off your talents to Scaians and the mundane. I suspect we could set up
      > a table for sales which might be brisk. We can rope you off for safety but
      > give you a central area to impress everyone with your massive talents!
      >
      > I can supply two portable(ish) coal forges(a mechanical blower and an old
      > farm forge), a three burger gas forge, and a couple of 100 pound anvils if
      > that makes setup easier for folks. I'd love to see your equipment though.
      > We do not need this to be "period" for this year. As Summer Siege grows we
      > will work on making everything more and more period.
      >
      > I'd also love to see some pennants from the guild flying over the site.
      > <Hint Hint>
      >
      > For questions concerns or comments, please contact me, I'll be assisting
      > the autocrat with organizing parts of the event.
      >
      > Cennèdig

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic