104Re: [EaldormereBlacksmithguild] Monthly question

  • Helmut's Forge
    Aug 5, 2011
      The one thing that is a must is that it must be clean, I soak mine in a degreaser for several days then a strong vinegar and water bath to remove the degreaser. Dry quickly. Sometimes I will use a rust remover in there as well.
      Then I use a half round swage to start the weld.
      Helmut

      On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 7:39 AM, thoravolundsdottir <hverweybsmith@...> wrote:

      Morning all

      We have decided to do a monthly question, (Craig mentioned this in one of his posts) and since it is a new month and everyone is back from a successful blacksmithing conference in Fergus Ontario, I thought I'd begin.

      Question: What is the best way to forge weld braided wire?

      Please feel free to answer this question and/or ask more questions on this topic.

      Yours in Service
      Lady Thora V
      aka: Henreitta

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic